PDA

View Full Version : Summertime, and the Living is Easy

vangogh
05-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Hey All,

Wanted to wish everyone here in the States a Happy Memorial Day weekend. True it won't be summer officially for a few weeks yet, but we know Monday will be the unofficial start of the summer.

Let's hope the living is easy for all of us.

Enjoy the weekend and your barbecue. Anyone have plans?

Evan
05-22-2009, 10:29 PM
I receive my B.S. in Accounting tomorrow afternoon and serve as the student commencement speaker. Should have an audience of approximately 10,000! No pressure at all :)

Patrysha
05-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Congrats Evan. I'm sure you'll do great with the crowd.

This isn't a long weekend for me. That was last weekend for us. And I pretty much have to work through this weekend because I spent too much time out of the house this week and not enough time getting the work done. No pressing deadlines, but I can't afford to get behind with the new marketing campaigns that are going into practice over the next few weeks.

My husband has no idea if he will have a job past the end of June so I have to ramp it up to make sure we stay afloat whatever may happen.

Dan Furman
05-23-2009, 01:19 AM
we have company over for the weekend (we do this every memorial day weekend.) Good friends, fine ale, bbq, a few cigars... nice :)

vangogh
05-23-2009, 01:35 AM
Congrats Evan.

Sorry to hear about your husband Patrysha. Hopefully you'll let us know he's working in July.

Dan I'm guessing I'll have some kind of bbq on Monday, but at the moment nothing is planned.

Patrysha
05-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Nope, I can pretty much guarantee he won't be working in July...not if he stays in his field...he's a teacher, so won't be starting anything new until September.

I'm not too worried. I am fairly confident that he will have something come fall, and if not he can always sub and work for me part time (he is an amazing writer and I am teaching him concepts behind the marketing I do...plus he could likely take over some of the video and photography projects). I just like to be prepared.

KarenB
05-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Woohoo!

Happy Memorial Day to all my American friends! :)

In Canada, we had our official long weekend last week. We celebrate "Victoria Day" (the queen's birthday).

Yes, this is the real start of summer, isn't it? I have tons of flats of flowers yet to be planted, but I enjoy getting dirt under my fingernails!

Wishing everyone an awesome weekend,

Karen

KarenB
05-23-2009, 10:34 AM
P.S. Congrats, Evan!

Business Attorney
05-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Congratulations, Evan. Happy Memorial Day to my fellow Americans, and have a great summer weekend to our Canadian friends and everyone else north of the equator. To our friends down under, enjoy a great fall weekend!

KristineS
05-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Congratulations Evan. I'm sure you'll do great when you speak.

Patrysha, I think it's great that you're being proactive. Whatever happens you guys will be prepared.

I spent the first day of my weekend organizing a blog roll for the organization I run. Since there are probably 160+ blogs on that blogroll now, that took some time. Still it was a task that had been nagging at me, and I'm glad it's done.

Evan
05-23-2009, 10:44 PM
The speech went over wonderfully! I couldn't have asked for a better day :)

vangogh
05-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Nice. Glad to hear it was a good day. Again congrats.

KristineS
05-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Glad to hear things went well Evan. I knew they would.