PDA

View Full Version : How To Get Good Links In Google?

Owen
07-15-2015, 06:19 PM
Alright, I don't know what this is actually called so I'm gonna call them good links for now. Basically, I want to make it so when you search "Stacktron" into Google, my business's website comes up with a bunch of links as seen here with Rackspace.

http://puu.sh/j0BER.png

How is this achieved and what is it actually called?

Harold Mansfield
07-15-2015, 06:49 PM
First of all only people who are logged in see those.

It's basically your Google business profile, and/or your Google+ page information.
Fill it out, submit it, verify everything, and eventually yours will show too when people search specifically for you.

It's especially helpful if you have a physical location. Google is all about showing the map.
https://www.google.com/business/?gmbsrc=us-en-ha-se-z-gmb-s-z-h~bk&ppsrc=GMBS0&gclid=CjwKEAjwiZitBRCy0pb3rIbG9XwSJACmuvvzGFQ3gpon v_-Lg5GsQOnHoOspq6qg1R2jcvboLRATtxoCwc7w_wcB

Important tip: Do it carefully. You want to get it right the first time as much as possible. Especially your address. You need a G+ personal profile first, and then create your business listing and a separate business page. Don't try and make your personal profile for business.

Owen
07-15-2015, 06:55 PM

It's basically your Google business profile, and/or your Google+ page information.
Fill it out, submit it, verify everything, and eventually yours will show too when people search specifically for you.

It's especially helpful if you have a physical location. Google is all about showing the map.
https://www.google.com/business/?gmbsrc=us-en-ha-se-z-gmb-s-z-h~bk&ppsrc=GMBS0&gclid=CjwKEAjwiZitBRCy0pb3rIbG9XwSJACmuvvzGFQ3gpon v_-Lg5GsQOnHoOspq6qg1R2jcvboLRATtxoCwc7w_wcB

Important tip: Do it carefully. You want to get it right the first time as much as possible. Especially your address. You need a G+ personal profile first, and then create your business listing and a separate business page. Don't try and make your personal profile for business.

I don't mean the sidebar, I mean this:

http://puu.sh/j0Ea5.png

Harold Mansfield
07-15-2015, 07:17 PM
You don't have any control over that. Google lists what it thinks are your most important pages based on structure, traffic, and links to them.
Some people get 6, some get 8. Some get none.

Best advice is to do your onsite SEO very carefully and very well. Make sure your site and sitemap are verified in webmaster tools, analytics, and all other Google services and profiles also verify your website link.

Owen
07-15-2015, 08:02 PM
So how come when I search for Stacktron or Stacktron.net that isn't displayed?

Harold Mansfield
07-15-2015, 08:11 PM
So how come when I search for Stacktron or Stacktron.net that isn't displayed?

Either the site's too new, the on site SEO sucks, don't have their sites verified with Webmaster tools or any other Google services, no inbound links, or 100 other reasons that could include bad code, design, sandboxing. Likely it's because none of the Webmaster stuff was done.

It also comes with age. How long the site has been online.

Brian Altenhofel
07-15-2015, 08:19 PM
When it does show up, it is based on an algorithm that determines what people are most likely interested in. It takes into account your navigational structure as well as inbound traffic patterns.

However, you can blacklist pages from showing up there through Google Webmaster Tools. On a forum I operate, we had a mod go off the rails to the point that people were posting on 100's of other forums across the web about it. Google thought is profile was appropriate as the first sitelink in that box. We've also had a couple of very popular but event-driven threads that have popped up there before that had to be blacklisted (no one likes necrothreads).

Owen
07-16-2015, 12:35 AM
Either the site's too new, the on site SEO sucks, don't have their sites verified with Webmaster tools or any other Google services, no inbound links, or 100 other reasons that could include bad code, design, sandboxing. Likely it's because none of the Webmaster stuff was done.

Well, the SEO in the code is fine, the code is fine, the design is good, and webmasters is done.

Harold Mansfield
07-16-2015, 09:29 AM
Well, the SEO in the code is fine, the code is fine, the design is good, and webmasters is done.

OK then, I guess you're all set. Still, you have no control over it. How old is the website? My last client took about 4-5 months before she had any that showed up..or at least that's when I noticed.

Goldnote
07-16-2015, 10:06 AM
Those are called Sitelinks. It starts with excellent site structure with great navigation and heirarchy of pages. Most sites with these rank first for the keyword/term, have high natural search traffic, high CTR(click through rate), popular internal pages(sitelink) and unique titles /meta descriptions.

If your site is not setup structurally you can forget about ever getting Sitelinks listed under your result.

The result in the sidebar has nothing to due with a Google + page, Google Maps, etc. That's called a Knowledge Graph result.

Goldnote
07-16-2015, 10:14 AM
None of this info is correct. It has nothing to do with Google Mybusiness page, G+, maps or anything Local. Nor will you just get Sitelinks one day for your result. It's all about structure, either you have it correct or you don't.

vangogh
07-16-2015, 10:24 AM
Owen it looks like you registered your site about 2 weeks ago. Patience is really important when it comes to SEO. Google doesn't share why some sites get the sitelinks and some don't, however it's not that hard to figure out. Sites with sitelinks are typically sites with a good deal of traffic and traffic to the the specific pages that appear in the sitelinks.

Stop worrying about Google and just build a site that real people want to visit and revisit. That's how you get sitelinks. When enough people regularly look for specific pages or sections of your site, those pages/sections will appear in sitelinks. It won't happen overnight or by next week either.

Harold Mansfield
07-16-2015, 10:32 AM
None of this info is correct. It has nothing to do with Google Mybusiness page, G+, maps or anything Local. Nor will you just get Sitelinks one day for your result. It's all about structure, either you have it correct or you don't.

https://www.google.com/business/?gmbsrc=us-en-ha-se-z-gmb-s-z-h~bk&ppsrc=GMBS0&gclid=CjwKEAjwiZitBRCy0pb3rIbG9XwSJACmuvvzGFQ3gpon v_-Lg5GsQOnHoOspq6qg1R2jcvboLRATtxoCwc7w_wcB (https://www.google.com/business/?gmbsrc=us-en-ha-se-z-gmb-s-z-h%7Ebk&ppsrc=GMBS0&gclid=CjwKEAjwiZitBRCy0pb3rIbG9XwSJACmuvvzGFQ3gpon v_-Lg5GsQOnHoOspq6qg1R2jcvboLRATtxoCwc7w_wcB)

That answer was in response to when I thought he was talking about the side bar information, and it's accurate. It's a good practice to actually read the entire thread before you respond.

Goldnote
07-16-2015, 11:56 AM
That answer was in response to when I thought he was talking about the side bar information, and it's accurate. It's a good practice to actually read the entire thread before you respond.

It's a good practice to actually know what you're talking about before responding with false info.
The side bar info you gave is incorrect. Maybe you should learn about Knowledge graphs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowledge_Graph

Harold Mansfield
07-16-2015, 12:07 PM
It's a good practice to actually know what you're talking about before responding with false info.
The side bar info you gave is incorrect. Maybe you should learn about Knowledge graphs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowledge_Graph
The knowledge graph means squat if you don't create a Google business listing. It's not automatic. As a small business that no one has ever heard of, you need to do it all, not just pieces of it.

Goldnote
07-16-2015, 12:32 PM

A knowledge graph has noting to do with a Google Business listing.

You're the one getting combative after I said the side bar info you gave was incorrect. I'm trying to give the OP the correct info. You just refuse to admit you were wrong.
There is no map in a knowledge graph, you're referring to a Google maps listing. The example he showed is a knowledge graph.

Google Maps listings don't show the same info, stock price, CEO, Headquarters, etc.

Magic? Not every business has a Google page. Google uses spiders to find all the info online. This info can easily be gotten directly from a company website.

Attached is an actual Maps listing.

Harold Mansfield
07-16-2015, 12:48 PM
You're right, I answered too quickly and didn't look at the image carefully. Yes, I got combative because you're pretty arrogant about it (and on other threads) instead of just correcting it gracefully. Good luck with that.

Owen
07-22-2015, 11:15 AM
You're right, I answered too quickly and didn't look at the image carefully. Yes, I got combative because you're pretty arrogant about it (and on other threads) instead of just correcting it gracefully. Good luck with that.

Wow wow wow, ladies, ladies. Let's all calm down here.

dewalds86
09-29-2015, 06:02 AM

Lol

I think he was refering to the links on the other side. You know the sitemap links

dewalds86
09-29-2015, 06:06 AM

The on page SEO isnt bad but it isnt great either. I would say it is becuase the site is still new.

You cant expect a two week old site to all of a sudden sprout site links.

janefirst
11-18-2015, 04:49 AM
Description and titles of webpages are very useful for getting good results in SERP. We should also do link building based on our keywords.

SocioDNa41
01-07-2016, 06:49 AM
You can only exclude least important links in google webmaster but can't include links of your choice. Do proper seo, have some patience and your hard work will reflect like you want in google.