PDA

View Full Version : Just got a new website built and need SEO help - where do I start??

grindhouse
07-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Hi. I own a new paintless dent repair (like a bodyshop repair facility) and we travel from storm to storm in different states. We got a new website built for $650 but it comes with no SEO. The website builder had a friend to refer for the SEO but I didn't feel comfortable with him or his prices. We want to get our website "SEO friendly" and figure out how to do this without getting hammered for ridiculous prices or some sort of contract to pay every month if not necessary.

Here is my website: Dent Teks - Home (http://www.dentteks.com)

Secondly, what is the best SEO method for us to get all the benefits of SEO and top page ranking everytime we set up in a new state or storm since we are a traveling mobile business? Our business heavily relies on "review" based websites like Yelp or Google reviews etc. Also, obviously, top page ranking as well.

Also, any other advice to stem more traffic or business that would be great. We have used google adwords but they are pretty pricey. Yelp has called us about advertising services but haven't tried them yet.

Any help would be appreciated!

vangogh
07-11-2015, 05:47 PM
What you're looking for doesn't exist. SEO is just a subset of marketing. It's not something you set ones and forget about. It takes ongoing monthly work and it costs money, the same way it costs money to advertise in the magazine or pay to have a commercial produced and then pay to have it run on air.

Think of it from the perspective of someone selling SEO services. If I could generate the search traffic to make you thousands of dollars, why would I charge $100. I'd just do the work on my own business and make the thousands.

I looked at your site and I'm assuming you aren't planning on starting a blog or anything to regularly add new content. Given that I think you're best bet for gaining traffic is going to be AdWords or Facebook Ads. You can also look into local SEO, which again will cost money if you want to hire someone. You can also spend some time learning what you can and doing the work.

Moz.com, which is a big name in the SEO industry offers a service that gets you listed with all the sites for local listings (https://moz.com/products). They charge $84 per location a year, which seems like a pretty good price. That's the first step in local SEO. There's more to it like getting your customers to leave reviews for you in place like Yelp and other local listings.

The main thing is not to think of SEO as something you do once. It's marketing and it's ongoing.

Harold Mansfield
07-12-2015, 02:56 AM
I agree with the everything VG said.

I also need to add that SEO is something that you needed to think about BEFORE hiring a web designer.

The very foundation of the SEO of your website STARTS with how it's built/structure, how clean the code is, whether or not your site is responsive ( mobile friendly), your use of images, the copy writing, navigation/link structure, using calls to action well, and so on.

Secondly, what is the best SEO method for us to get all the benefits of SEO and top page ranking every time we set up in a new state or storm since we are a traveling mobile business? Our business heavily relies on "review" based websites like Yelp or Google reviews etc. Also, obviously, top page ranking as well.

You're thinking of SEO like it's some switch you throw or some special code that you insert that makes a website rocket pass the competition. If you're going to be traveling you need to target your areas. You need a plan of attack. You need local strategies both online and offline.

Currently your website is of no help in this. It says nothing about the fact that you are mobile, what geographical area you plan on servicing..actually it doesn't say much at all. If you want a shot a top page ranking, you need to first know what you want to rank for, and then you need to at the very least start with that information and content on your website and other properties.

You can't just toss some special SEO code on that, it's a strategy that has to be built.

Also, any other advice to stem more traffic or business that would be great. We have used google adwords but they are pretty pricey. Yelp has called us about advertising services but haven't tried them yet.

Advertising may help you with traffic, but you're right that it is pricey and it's not worth spending the money if you aren't ready to convert your leads, and right now you are not. Again, wanting to run ads directing people to your website is something you would have wanted to think about when building the website, not after.

This will be harsh to hear, but you got what you paid for.

At the moment your entire SEO prognosis from your website to your social media profiles is grim. You have a lot of work to do.
The good news is that it can be done and it's not rocket science. The bad news is it's time consuming and you'll need guidance to clean up your mistakes and steer you away from making others. And that's going to cost either time ( you learning it yourself) or money ( someone doing it for you).

To answer your question "Where do I start?".

1. I didn't check to see if your site was responsive for mobile devices. If it isn't start there.
2. Next, copy writing. You don't have enough content, and what you do have does a horrible job at selling your services and targeting your market.
3. Talk to and hire professionals. If you go through this process looking for the cheapest option you will keep wasting your money on a bunch of things that won't help you.

janefirst
10-07-2015, 08:09 AM
You need both on page and off page optimization methods for your website. Write it titles and description within 45 to 60 and 150 to 160 character respectively including spaces. Write good content in favor of online users.Submit it to search engines and create your webmaster tools. For off page make good link building on forums, blogs, articles, bookmarks, and social websites.

bdodd43
10-07-2015, 02:01 PM
I suggest that you create a video about your business and upload to YouTube, then make sure you place it on your website, and using a sharing plugin if on WordPress and share to Google+. Videos rank faster than regular website content and every video I have created, always lands on the first page of Google.

Debk2
10-07-2015, 03:41 PM
Backlinks are another thing that can help you with SEO, but you want quality backlinks from authority type of sites.

Ventell
10-07-2015, 04:22 PM
I agree with Vangogh, SEO is an on-going process- you can learn a lot from Moz and take small steps to start putting together back links on reputable sites for ranking.Google rewards quality content that's relevant and original. Alternatively you could look into local SEO services that will do the work for you. However you should do your research and look at sites like search engine land to get a better understanding of SEO in general.

sweetsdailyupdates
08-11-2016, 02:52 AM
Start with keywords. Find out your business related keywords with google keyword planner tool and pick high search volume keywords. You can take some ideas from competitors site as well. During keyword research take your targeted location so you can get proper search volume for your business.

On the basis of keywords, make Title & Description. You can also add keywords in the content and URL as well. Make sure your Title, Description & Content should be unique from the other sites. If you have copied content or description from other site so, google will consider it duplicate and penalized your website.
And after that you can do blogging, social circulation and link building for best ranking.

Title, description & content optimization, image optimization all are part of On-page SEO. And blogging, social circulation and link building are part of OFF-page SEO.

Harold Mansfield
09-16-2016, 12:17 PM
keyword research is the first step in seo. Use fresh content in your website and insert the targeted keyword in the correct place. Ensure that the image is well optimised in the website. Perform OFF page seo work such as social bookmarking, backlink creation, etc

I have to interject on that one. Knowing who your target market is, and being clear about what you're product or services are is the first step to SEO. You'd be surprised how many people just target keywords because they think they'll bring them traffic, instead of targeting their actual market with what they actually have to offer.

Also "backlink creation" is old school. You can't self manipulate long term ranking anymore. If you are targeting well, promoting, and create good content you gain backlinks. You don't have to run around dropping links everywhere. It doesn't work.

jeffscott
06-27-2018, 03:34 AM
I would suggest to implement site audit for this new one to track the current situation and what needs to be to improve.

RjMaan
06-27-2018, 09:44 AM
You need both on page and off page optimization methods for your website.
Yes sir i agree with you. SEO starts with an On-Page SEO than one can think about Off-line SEO. If someone don't have a good on-page SEO that it is not good to work in Off-page SEO.

MiaSeattle
11-10-2018, 08:49 AM
What would you folks on this thread think about at least making separate pages for the various locations the business serves, as in "https://example.com/dent-repair-oklahoma-city" -- "dent-repair-atlanta" etc, and start building links to those individual pages?

And since the pages would probably have almost identical content, each page should have a canonical tag in the code, right?

And Harold, geez, you are a prolific writer! Almost 10,000 posts? Anyway, gotta respect your opinion, so how do you feel about building backlinks for very local businesses whose competition aren't so savvy about SEO, barely have any backlinks, but still rank high just because the competition's sites are even worse?

jordanmcclure
12-18-2018, 01:29 AM
SEO is a long-term process and results are rarely immediate, but the first steps you take after you launch a new website can have a big impact on the website’s potential to rank in Google search for its target keywords and start bringing in traffic, leads and sales.

1. Structure your website for your target keywords
2. Make sure each page has great, Google-friendly content
3. Optimize your title tags for each primary keyword
4. Add engaging, action-focused meta descriptions
5. Set up Google Analytics and add your website to Google’s Search Console
6. Reach out to friends and influencers to build links

Now a days, Online businesses or e-commerce businesses must own merchant account to boost sales and increase funds. Credit card processing facilitates easy and fast payments. If you need then you may contact at email -support@paycron.com