PDA

View Full Version : VOIP recommendations?

Vivid Color Zack
05-18-2009, 03:00 PM
We're throwing in a few more phone lines in the next week or so, call volume is increasing and probably will continue to like crazy... I am looking to start out with two more lines. After that it's outsource to a call center time.

Does anyone have any experience with VOIP systems?

What is cheap out there these days?

KristineS
05-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Our companies have been using Skype for overseas calls for a while. It's inexpensive and the quality is decent.

Harold Mansfield
05-18-2009, 07:03 PM
I have always loved Vonage business packages. never a problem, never an outage.
If you have Cox (http://www.coxbusiness.com/products/voice/voicemanager/index.html?producttype=voiceproducts&product=voicemanager), they have some nice business solutions as well that allow you to add extra lines from your admin screen to accommodate extra employees.

With either, you can also get combination phones that do VOIP, Regular Lines, and Skype to not only cut down on your desk clutter, but gives you the option of using either service, and receiving calls on the same unit.

Dan Furman
05-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Our companies have been using Skype for overseas calls for a while. It's inexpensive and the quality is decent.

Skype is awesome for overseas.

I learned the hard way - had a client in China that I called on the normal land line. Talked for maybe a half an hour. I figured maybe $20 or so.... nope, it was like $150... yikes!!! Hope they enjoyed the $150 - that caused us to look at the phone bill closer, and we discovered we could save a ton by switching to VOIP. We cancelled right away, got VOIP w/ the cable company, and I started using Skype for overseas.

Vivid Color Zack
05-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Nice, thanks guys.

rezzy
05-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Call center? Please dont.

Those can be center of problems for a business.

Skype is a great software and the rates are really great. I have started using it to replace my phone line!

KristineS
05-20-2009, 03:22 PM
We've been trying Skype out for some long distance domestic calls as well. So far, it seems to be working fine, and it is certainly more cost effective.

Vivid Color Zack
05-22-2009, 01:05 AM
Call center? Please dont.

Those can be center of problems for a business.

Skype is a great software and the rates are really great. I have started using it to replace my phone line!

Yeah the cost of outsourcing for our estimated needs seems to not be worth it. We'll start our own call center and run it out of our beach office that is currently... well, just two people screwing around all day. I like the office and it's cheap but we're not properly utilizing it right now. Time to bring in some bikini clad call center reps :)

rezzy
05-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Sounds like my kind of office, where do I sign up?

Vivid Color Zack
05-22-2009, 04:17 PM
Haha, I'll let you know when it's available for tours.