PDA

View Full Version : Lenders for Start up costs

asw0925
07-07-2015, 07:20 PM
Hello everyone,
Do you guys know any lenders who will provide a pre-qualification should you decide to move forward on a business venture?
most lenders I am finding wants your business to exist for at least 2 years. I basically need money to start my business first. Buy equipment, licensing and money to rent the warehouse.

Any thoughts?

vangogh
07-08-2015, 01:01 PM
Since the business doesn't exist yet, you'll probably need to show lenders a solid business plan and you'll likely need to use personal assets as collateral for any loan. Showing that you've put your own money into the business will likely help as well.

You have to look at this from the side of the lender. Why should someone lend you money? People will lend you money if they think they'll get more in return from you and if the risk they won't get anything back is reduced.

smallbizhelper
09-16-2015, 11:57 AM
I do know of a few but they do require you have your business already set up ( tax id, dba, corp name, etc.) but those things are very easy to do, even online in a day. and they will use your PERSONAL credit to issue you a line of credit from 25k-150k but your credit has to be at least 600 on all 3 credit bureaus. i know because I had to go through this process myself when I started my talent management business and I had to repair some credit issues before I was able to secure the loan but I got it and in less than 72 hours after I had my stuff together.

Fulcrum
12-18-2015, 06:48 PM
I have a company I know that a good friend of mine used that helps startups. I am not on here often but you can email me at "edit" and I can forward you the information.

Often????

This is your first post. BTW, a reputable finance company will not use a free account or the label director of wealth.

Harold Mansfield
12-18-2015, 07:37 PM
Let me reiterate that. No, we don't allow "I can help you with that" posts, especially when it comes to finance and double especially when it's people who are just searching the web for a place to drop a link.

But more importantly, if you do business...especially financial business... with anyone using a free email account you deserve what you get.
Don't be that desperate. If you don't qualify for a loan, then work extra jobs and save up to self finance your own business they way most people do.

Being so eager to get started that you'll take any terms, from anyone who is offering almost always ends up catastrophic.