PDA

View Full Version : Letterhead options for email and docs?

mikehende
07-07-2015, 03:15 PM
Hey guys, how can we get a professional letterhead for both our invoices, purchase orders and business emails? I tried asking around on fiverr but seems no one there has a clue. First let me ask this, I have seen some pro looking signatures in emails from business people which has a logo with customized text, how can we get that please?

billbenson
07-07-2015, 03:54 PM
Put it in html or an image in Word or some other program and print to PDF. Attach your PDF to an email to your customer.

Mind you I hate it when I get signature info in an image. If it is in text I can copy and paste the information. I can't do that with a pdf.

Ideally, I would put the information in text in the body of the email (this can have headers etc., although some companies strip off the html in emails). I would also attach a pretty pdf.

mikehende
07-07-2015, 04:33 PM
I should have said logo "with" customized text, I am thinking that's what I have seen?

mikehende
07-07-2015, 05:16 PM
If you can look at this link please at no.4, tell me what you guys think?

10 Examples of Well-Crafted Email Signatures for Businesses (http://small-bizsense.com/10-examples-of-well-crafted-email-signatures-for-businesses/)

billbenson
07-07-2015, 05:37 PM
If you can look at this link please at no.4, tell me what you guys think?

10 Examples of Well-Crafted Email Signatures for Businesses (http://small-bizsense.com/10-examples-of-well-crafted-email-signatures-for-businesses/)

It's an image. Don't use it. You want to make life easier for your customers, not more difficult.

Harold Mansfield
07-07-2015, 05:40 PM
Hey guys, how can we get a professional letterhead for both our invoices,
Pretty much any invoicing software allows you to add your own logo and company information. From Quickbooks, Freshbooks, even just using Pay Pal. They all let you add your logo and info.

purchase orders
Again, using any of the above allows you to put your logo on them.
What are you using now to create purchase orders?

and business emails?
I don't know of any way to create letterhead for emails. Never seen an email that has one. Newsletters are a different thing.

Every mail client allows you to create a signature. Even gmail. You just have to find the settings of whatever you're using and create one.

It's better to use just some styled text and basic HTML for links than images since a lot of people don't automatically allow images to load. Especially if they read emails on their phones. There are also 3rd party solutions that both cost and that are free that claim to generate the code for your sig, but I've never been able to get any of the free ones to work properly...again not everyone can see HTML and images in your sig..so to those people it looks worse than not having one.

I recommend keeping it clean with just the basic info: Name, Title, Company, Phone Number, Link to Website (maybe office hours).
You don't really need to put email there because you should be sending from a company email.
I'd also keep social media links to a minimum. Maybe one. A lot of spam filters will block an email with too many links in it.

You should also be able to set up a signature for SMS messages from your smart phone.

mikehende
07-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Thanks a lot for the tip, I was thinking of having a logo as an image included in the signature but I guess the logo would go better on PO's and Invoices and styled but well presented text would be best for signatures, you guys can agree to all of this?

billbenson
07-07-2015, 07:07 PM
You don't really need to put email there because you should be sending from a company email.

I as the recipient of the document want the email address in the text.

Why? Because I can copy and paste all the information into my document. If it is only in the email signature, I will have to go back and get the email and do a second copy and paste. It may sound trivial, but for those of us who need to copy and paste from an email to some other place a bunch of times a day, it is a convenience to have all of the information in text in the signature.

Harold Mansfield
07-07-2015, 07:11 PM
Thanks a lot for the tip, I was thinking of having a logo as an image included in the signature but I guess the logo would go better on PO's and Invoices and styled but well presented text would be best for signatures, you guys can agree to all of this?

I as the recipient of the document want the email address in the text.

Why? Because I can copy and paste all the information into my document. If it is only in the email signature, I will have to go back and get the email and do a second copy and paste. It may sound trivial, but for those of us who need to copy and paste from an email to some other place a bunch of times a day, it is a convenience to have all of the information in text in the signature.

I merely suggested how I do it. Feel free to do it whatever way works for you and the people you are sending to.
For best results, send yourself a few emails and view them on all your devices to determine which looks best and is most consistent.