PDA

View Full Version : Would you freely give me coupons?

ctufaro
07-06-2015, 10:30 AM
Hi,

I'm starting a new platform, that allows merchants to upload coupons in exchange for advertising on my site and a top spot in the search results.

My question, would you [Small Business] freely upload coupons to my site?

(This is a totally free service, I'm in the research phase of the project)

Hope this question is clear, thanks!!!

Freelancier
07-06-2015, 10:34 AM
There are so many "free" coupon sites out there now... your site with no traffic isn't going to be of much interest unless you create something that's unique to the market that will drive more traffic or make it easier for the company to manage coupons.

ctufaro
07-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Great answer, immensely helpful

Harold Mansfield
07-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Hi,

I'm starting a new platform, that allows merchants to upload coupons in exchange for advertising on my site and a top spot in the search results.

My question, would you [Small Business] freely upload coupons to my site?

(This is a totally free service, I'm in the research phase of the project)

Hope this question is clear, thanks!!!
Nope, not at all. I agree with the above, your new no traffic site is of no interest to a business when there are so many options out there for advertisers.
Besides, this is an old idea that has been tried over and over again, not to mention there are a crap load of coupon sites out there already.

No one who uses coupons is in the dark about where to get whatever they want, and it's much more convenient than what you are proposing.

For instance, before I go shopping I look through the coupon offers on an app on my phone and make my shopping list. When I check out I just scan my phone and it automatically credits all of my coupons.

So I ask you, what's your site going to do that makes things more convenient than that? You are of no benefit to businesses if you can't attract consumers.

ctufaro
07-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Nope, not at all. I agree with the above, your new no traffic site is of no interest to a business when there are so many options out there for advertisers.
Besides, this is an old idea that has been tried over and over again, not to mention there are a crap load of coupon sites out there already.

No one who uses coupons is in the dark about where to get whatever they want, and it's much more convenient than what you are proposing.

For instance, before I go shopping I look through the coupon offers on an app on my phone and make my shopping list. When I check out I just scan my phone and it automatically credits all of my coupons.

So I ask you, what's your site going to do that makes things more convenient than that? You are of no benefit to businesses if you can't attract consumers.

Without divulging the "Secret Sauce" (I'm a coder), I can assure you the redeeming aspect of the coupons has been greatly simplified. Your routine of looking through coupon offers on your app to make a shopping list than scanning them at the store seems tedious, this platform eliminates that totally :D The problem is businesses that are willing to upload coupons to the site amidst the "crap load" of coupon sites already out there. Based on your answer, maybe the consumer redeeming side of my platform will entice merchants to offer me coupons, MAYBE. Still researching...

Thanks Harold!

Harold Mansfield
07-06-2015, 12:50 PM
Without divulging the "Secret Sauce" (I'm a coder), I can assure you the redeeming aspect of the coupons has been greatly simplified. Your routine of looking through coupon offers on your app to make a shopping list than scanning them at the store seems tedious, this platform eliminates that totally :D

Well, I think tapping my phone on the register and having all of my coupons subtracted from my total is pretty damn convenient. But as a consumer am I willing to sign up for yet another coupon program when there's nothing wrong with how I do it now?

If you have a "secret sauce" that's great. Of course there's always room for improvement in everything. But that's not what you told us. You asked if we'd be interested in putting coupons on your site in exchange for "top search ranking", and my answer to that is no.

You're not going to get any useful opinions by only giving us partial information.

The problem is businesses that are willing to upload coupons to the site amidst the "crap load" of coupon sites already out there. Based on your answer, maybe the consumer redeeming side of my platform will entice merchants to offer me coupons, MAYBE. Still researching...

That's actually not the problem. There have been and are many coupon and rewards programs over the years that were created by some awesome coders, but run by crappy marketers. Learn from their mistakes. It wasn't because they couldn't build it. It was because no one cared that they did.

ctufaro
07-06-2015, 01:07 PM
Well, I think tapping my phone on the register and having all of my coupons subtracted from my total is pretty damn convenient. But as a consumer am I willing to sign up for yet another coupon program when there's nothing wrong with how I do it now?

If you have a "secret sauce" that's great. Of course there's always room for improvement in everything. But that's not what you told us. You asked if we'd be interested in putting coupons on your site in exchange for "top search ranking", and my answer to that is no.

You're not going to get any useful opinions by only giving us partial information.

That's actually not the problem. There have been and are many coupon and rewards programs over the years that were created by some awesome coders, but run by crappy marketers. Learn from their mistakes. It wasn't because they couldn't build it. It was because no one cared that they did.

Great points! You answered my question ten-fold! Thanks!!