PDA

View Full Version : Need Beta Testers for my new Pligg site.

Harold Mansfield
05-16-2009, 06:34 PM
I've been playing around with this Pligg CMS (basically a Digg clone), and I decided to put one up in a music niche. I've read about all the hassles with spammers, and such trying to keep a clean bookmarking site, but I decided to see for myself.

I am still configuring things, but, I would appreciate a few people to test it out..basically just create a profile, and submit/bookmark some articles so I can see how it functions with actual people using it.

If you participate, I would ask that you stay within the niche (Music, Movies, Electronics)

It works pretty much like Digg, Mixx, and all the others but it does do a few things differently.

1) You can submit an article without having a referring URL.(up to 500 words)
2) It's compatible with most major video sites, so you only need to submit the URL of the video and it will play within the site. Supported sites are:

# cbsnews.com
# cnn.com
# colbertnation.com
# collegehumor.com
# comedycentral.com
# guba.com
# jumpcut.com
# liveleak.com
# livevideo.com
# metacafe.com
# putfile.com
# reuters.com
# revver.com
# spike.com
# thedailyshow.com
# thenewsroom.com
# vbox7.com
# vids.myspace.com
# video.google.com
# vimeo.com
# veoh.com
# youtube.com

3) You can submit both an article or link to an article, and a video with the same submission.
4) You can upload an MP3 with your submission, although in the future this will be limited to approved profiles only to keep down on infringement.
5) You can upload an image from your computer with your submissions.

Categories are pretty basic: Top 40, Rock, Pop, Dance, Jazz, Indie, Rap and Hip Hop, R and B, Movies, Electronics, and World Music....anything within those are welcome : Reviews, Releases, Editorials, Celebrity Gossip, Music Videos, and just about any and all other information that you want to share.

Keep it clean, no overtly profane language, no linking to P2P, Rapidshare, or otherwise copyright infringing download sites, and no direct affiliate linking.

Please let me know about an glitches, or suggestions for improvement.

Thanks for your help. Sphinit.com (http://www.sphinit.com)

vangogh
05-16-2009, 07:22 PM
Where do we go to set up a profile?

I generally don't surf music sites, but I can certainly find a few things to submit and let you know how the site is working and offer any suggestions I have.

Harold Mansfield
05-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Where do we go to set up a profile?

I generally don't surf music sites, but I can certainly find a few things to submit and let you know how the site is working and offer any suggestions I have.
Ha, Ha:D I forget to put a link to the site...here ya go, sorry about that.

Sphinit.com (http://www.sphinit.com)

vangogh
05-17-2009, 01:05 AM
I thought you might not have realized the link was missing. I bookmarked the site and when I get a chance I'll look through, create a profile, and add some content.

nighthawk
05-17-2009, 04:35 AM
eborg,

I just clicked the link in your profile to visit the site, and it is taking an exceedingly long time to load. I re-opened the site on another machine and timed it, I was left with a blank page for 30 seconds, before any content finally appeared. It was another 10 seconds before all the content had loaded completely.

I will let you know if I spot anything else.

Harold Mansfield
05-17-2009, 02:31 PM
eborg,

I just clicked the link in your profile to visit the site, and it is taking an exceedingly long time to load. I re-opened the site on another machine and timed it, I was left with a blank page for 30 seconds, before any content finally appeared. It was another 10 seconds before all the content had loaded completely.

I will let you know if I spot anything else.

I've been testing out different spam and IP Blockers to cut down on garbage submissions, some are not preferable. I have disabled one that I was unsure about, hope that helps. I don't have any load delay, but I have tested it, and I guess a some people do.
I'm working on it.:)
Edited:
Just edited the .htaccess for compression, should be better now.

Harold Mansfield
05-17-2009, 11:09 PM
I forget to add that article submissions have (2) excerpt fields:

1) For a short synopsis of what the story is actually about.
2) To add your own opinion (Your "Spin") of it.

Hence the name "Sphinit".