PDA

View Full Version : Starting From Scratch

T3CH13
06-23-2015, 05:09 PM
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm looking to start a consultation service but am drawing blanks when I look for the first steps required to get started with the legal process. I have a good idea of what I want to do, my target market, even have a rough draft of a business plan, but I don't know what all is needed before I can actually move forward and start taking clients. If anyone could help point me in the right direction I would be immensely grateful. Thank you again.

T3CH13

Freelancier
06-23-2015, 05:28 PM
Your first step is: land a client. Everything else gets simpler after that. In the meantime just keep track of your expenses. When you finally get a client, use that as your motivator to go find a local small business accountant and get the details of your business structure worked out.

T3CH13
06-23-2015, 05:35 PM
I can legally do that? I was under the impression that you had to jump through the legal hoops first! Sweet! Thank you!

David Hunter
06-23-2015, 05:57 PM
Your first step is: land a client. Everything else gets simpler after that. In the meantime just keep track of your expenses. When you finally get a client, use that as your motivator to go find a local small business accountant and get the details of your business structure worked out.

Agreed!

Just get out there and get business and everything will fall into place.

Nothing has to be perfect right out of the gate. You can improve as you go.

What kind of consulting will you be doing?

T3CH13
06-23-2015, 06:48 PM
Agreed!

Just get out there and get business and everything will fall into place.

Nothing has to be perfect right out of the gate. You can improve as you go.

What kind of consulting will you be doing?

I'll be doing pet adoption consulting, basically matching people with the right type of pet for their temperament and lifestyle. I've heard too many stories of people having to re-home an animal because it was "too mischievous" or "got too big". I'm hoping to help reduce, even if only a little, the number of animals in shelters and helping people realize that shelter animals are just as good as anything you'll find in a pet store.