PDA

View Full Version : Job Interview Horror Stories

LogansWalk
06-22-2015, 12:45 PM
I'm so glad these days are over for me, one of my most hated things in my younger years were job interviews.

“A family friend referred me to this guy who owns a PR firm, and suggested I meet him just to chat, learn about his firm, and get an idea of what PR is all about. I show up and he takes me out to lunch. Lo and behold…it’s an interview. We sat there for two hours—I didn’t even take a bite of my food—and he laid out scenario after scenario asking me to come up with creative solutions. It felt impossible. Then took me back to his office and said, ‘Okay, time for your writing test.’ Excuse me?! He plopped me down with a laptop and went, “Write me an article about the importance of staying fit in inclement weather.” No internet, no further instructions. I banged out three-quarters of a page in 20 minutes. A week later, he called and said I did great on the writing test and had me come back to meet more people…for three more hours. Days later, he called again, wanting me to come to a day long ‘innovation workshop,’ but thankfully I couldn’t make it. Still, he had me come in again to talk to him and his VP. Every step of the way, he’d also ask me about current events. He told me to start reading the newspaper and every time I spoke to him, he quizzed me on the day’s happenings. Finally he said he’d have a decision for me by the following week. He called and proceeded to interview me once more. Half an hour later he called back and offered me the job. It was the most absurd—and unexpected—interview process I’ve ever experienced.” —Caitlin, 23

Job interview horror stories - Business Insider (http://www.businessinsider.com/job-interview-horror-stories-2015-6)

David Hunter
06-22-2015, 03:27 PM
Sounds horrible!!! hahaha

It's crazy what these corporations put people through during the job interviews.

Heck, with my business people pay me upfront just through chatting over email. Never meet face-to-face and no phone conversations to start with. Now, that's the real world! ha

billbenson
06-22-2015, 03:43 PM
The food poisoning one rings a bell. Most of my real career was wining and dining customers. I was in New Orleans for a trade show once. I asked a client out for a beer at my hotel after the show. I don't know why, but I got really sick. Customer called me and I tried to fake it. I kept pouring my beer into the planter next to me. I excused myself to the bathroom to barf several times. I got the order though.

M.Ehrmantraut
06-22-2015, 10:21 PM
I used to hate job interviews and it is one thing I will never miss. Years ago I was going through the process of applying for a position with Walmart of all places...that was just ridiculous and by-far the worst interviews I endured, I still wonder if those who interviewed me didn't come from the same factory that made the Stepford bots.

Owen
06-23-2015, 12:31 AM
I don't know what it is but job interviews were never stressful for me. I've had two jobs now and not one was bad. I'd only say what was the worst is the person interviewing me had an attitude and it got me a little annoyed though. I do get a tiny bit nervous but within a few minutes I'm always fine.