PDA

View Full Version : Any franchising advice for a newbie headed for Hungary?

pejsata
06-18-2015, 12:14 PM
Hello everyone,

I wasn't entirely sure whether or not it's the right place to do so, but I guess it won't hurt to ask.

Well, it'd probably be a good idea to drop a word of introduction for starters. I'm a 34 yo English teacher (originally from Wroclaw, Poland) However, for some time now I've been planning to move to Hungary with my wife. The only problem is that we have neither friends nor relatives there with whom we could stay for starters. That's why we'd probably have to find a job or set up a small business before we leave Poland. I have been in contact with a few English language schools in Hungary and a couple have offered me positions. However, I have since done some research on the Internet and found only bad reviews for the schools. That's why I came to a conclusion that starting a franchise of my own would make much more sense that seeking employment as a contractor. That's how I came across a small, budding Polish school of English called Speak Up.

However, I'm not really sure whether or not my experience is going to be sufficient and so I have a number of questions you guys might have the answers to :) First of all, has anyone had any experience with running a company in Hungary? Are there many obligatory forms and registration processes I'd have to go through? (sorry, I tried to google, but I don't seem to be able to find a definite answer :/) Then, do You think that a language school may have a chance to provide any further franchise opportunities? And could You possibly provide any ground rules for a complete beginner, like where is it best to invest on the Hungarian market? Oh, and is there a way to find out whether or not it's going to be friendly? Anything else I haven't mentioned? Many thanks for Your replies, I'd be more than grateful for Your help guys :)

Owen
06-19-2015, 12:15 AM
You're probably not going to find many people with Hungary business experience, but if the business world is the same there, just be dedicated and have a solid concept and you should be fine.

vangogh
06-19-2015, 03:10 AM
I have no experience running a business in Hungary, but I was able to find some information for you on the EUGO Hungary website (http://eugo.gov.hu/starting-business-hungary). The link will take you to a page about how to start a business in Hungary. It looks like there's more information on the site you might find helpful including a page of links to different government offices.