PDA

View Full Version : Man Claims KFC Served Him Fried Rat

LogansWalk
06-17-2015, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't read this if you haven't eaten yet!

LOS ANGELES, California -
Los Angeles security guard Devorise Dixon claims KFC served him a deep-fried rat, but KFC believes Dixon is deceiving the public.
Dixon said he bought a three-piece box of chicken tenders at a KFC in Los Angeles and found what he said was a deep-fried rat instead.

"It was very nasty. I spit it out. I looked down at my hand and I realized that it was in the shape of a rat with a tail and everything in it," Dixon said.

...After KPRC published this story on click2houston.com, KFC reached out to KPRC and sent us this official statement:

"A customer has made a serious claim against KFC and refuses to cooperate in the investigation. The images the customer originally posted do not include this second angle because it clearly shows it's a piece of hand-breaded white meat chicken. Based on this, and the fact that he refuses to allow anyone to see the product, we are left to believe that he intended to deceive the public with this hoax and we are considering all options."

Dixon said he went back to the restaurant with photos and his receipt and said the manager "freaked out," apologized and offered him a free meal, which he declined.

Dixon said he is getting a lawyer.

Los Angeles man claims KFC served him fried rat | News - Home (http://www.click2houston.com/news/man-claims-kfc-served-him-fried-rat/33629730)

Freelancier
06-17-2015, 05:57 PM
"I looked down at my hand and I realized that it was in the shape of a rat with a tail and everything in it," Dixon said.
What moron bites into something and doesn't notice what looks like a 4" tail?

I think KFC should sue him to force him to hand over the rat for testing. The KFC recipe should be pretty easy to verify in the breading.

KristineS
06-18-2015, 05:24 PM
You really have to wonder about this. No one in the entire chain of people that touched the food noticed it wasn't chicken? And was this an animal with fur - or did someone skin and bread it and then serve it? Doesn't seem likely.

Harold Mansfield
06-18-2015, 06:22 PM
I'm not buying it. I've seen people try and pull this scam a few times in my 47 years and I've never seen one that is actually true.
There's no way that a full sized rat with a tail ( not even processed or in pieces) could make it past all of the check points and people who process, package, cook and serve the food and make it onto someone's plate in an order of chicken tenders..which by their very nature are processed and shaped..not full pieces of chicken.

No way. Only someone who has no idea how things work could come up with something that makes no sense and expect others to believe it.

Plus the fact that he won't cooperate or show the evidence? Nope, not buying it.
I hope KFC sues him back into the stone age.

Owen
06-19-2015, 12:09 AM
I agree. The day this turns out to be real is the day I consider shaving with battery acid.

LogansWalk
06-23-2015, 05:57 PM
Well, the verdict is in:

And now the lab has confirmed that the thing Dixon found in his chicken-tender meal was, in fact, chicken.

Here’s the official statement from KFC:

Recently, a customer questioned the quality of a KFC product, and this received considerable publicity given the sensational nature of his claim. The product has now been tested by a third-party independent lab, which confirmed it is definitely a piece of chicken, as we knew all along. The right thing for this customer to do is to apologize and cease making false claims about the KFC brand.

The lab work was done over the weekend after Dixon’s attorney turned over the chicken tender on Friday. KFC had repeatedly reached out and made requests of Dixon to take the “rat” to an independent party.

KFC would not comment to Business Insider on the possibility that they threatened any legal action against Dixon, or if the fast food company will pursue any defamation suits. A spokesperson for the company said they were “reviewing all options at this point.”

As for Dixon, he has not commented publicly or released a statement.

KFC 'fried rat' confirmed to be chicken in lab tests - Business Insider (http://www.businessinsider.com/kfc-fried-rat-confirmed-to-be-chicken-in-lab-tests-2015-6)

David Hunter
06-23-2015, 06:04 PM
Scammers trying to get a handout.

When my mom owned a fast-food chain, ever so often she'd get a call from a scammer. They'd call up saying there was a hair in their sandwich. So, my mom said to bring it back and she'd make them a new one. The scammer would say they already threw it away so they can't bring it in. Then, my mom would tell them to get it from the trash, bring it in, and she'd make them a new one. "click"

Freelancier
06-23-2015, 08:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slq606bvlAo

billbenson
06-23-2015, 09:33 PM
It also begs the question; is deep fried rat bad for your health? Heck, it probably tastes like chicken :)

Fulcrum
06-24-2015, 08:14 AM
It also begs the question; is deep fried rat bad for your health? Heck, it probably tastes like chicken :)

I don't know about deep fried but I'm told they barbecue up well.

Harold Mansfield
06-24-2015, 11:55 AM
Have any of you ever watched "***** and Afraid"? After about 10 days in the bush those people would cut off a pinky toe for a rat to eat.

But back to the the original story, I hate corporate over reach and corporations screwing people over. But I also hate frivolous lawsuits and scam artists trying to get something for nothing at the expense of others.

I'm hoping criminal charges are possible on this guy. This is total BS. KFC will probably take the high road and just demand his apology for trying to ruin their brand for financial gain, but I wouldn't be mad at them if they sued him and attached his earnings for the rest of his life.

But what happens when someone does this to a small business? If the business can't protect itself with the resources that a KFC has, they could essentially be ruined.

Edited:
Man, that profanity filter is working overtime. :)

frannie
06-25-2015, 09:11 PM
first time I saw the pic,I was convinced it was a rat

billbenson
06-27-2015, 09:46 AM
Have any of you ever watched "***** and Afraid"? After about 10 days in the bush those people would cut off a pinky toe for a rat to eat.

But back to the the original story, I hate corporate over reach and corporations screwing people over. But I also hate frivolous lawsuits and scam artists trying to get something for nothing at the expense of others.

I'm hoping criminal charges are possible on this guy. This is total BS. KFC will probably take the high road and just demand his apology for trying to ruin their brand for financial gain, but I wouldn't be mad at them if they sued him and attached his earnings for the rest of his life.

But what happens when someone does this to a small business? If the business can't protect itself with the resources that a KFC has, they could essentially be ruined.

Edited:
Man, that profanity filter is working overtime. :)

And you know the vulture lawyers are all over this one.