PDA

View Full Version : Press Release - Suggestions, Experience and Ideas

Kumar Palani
06-04-2015, 06:10 AM
We are planning to do some Press Release to boost our Brand image and to aid without recruitment process. Although SEO effects are not our direct intention, we are not completely ignoring SEO aspect. Prnewswire is what most online circles recommend, I will be glad if someone here can share their experience with Press Release and give some good PR distribution sites. Thanks in advance...!

Freelancier
06-04-2015, 08:03 AM
One of my businesses has done well using just press releases for generating traction. They show up in searches, and there are a bunch of sites that will chop up the press release and re-post it, so people can do you easier. The problem comes if you go many many months between press releases, then you lose whatever you had gained. So it's a treadmill you climb on and hope you can stay on.

Kumar Palani
06-04-2015, 08:13 AM
One of my businesses has done well using just press releases for generating traction. They show up in searches, and there are a bunch of sites that will chop up the press release and re-post it, so people can do you easier. The problem comes if you go many many months between press releases, then you lose whatever you had gained. So it's a treadmill you climb on and hope you can stay on.

Thanks for your reply, we are actually planning to use PR for a completely different reason (although I still don't completely ignore the SEO benefits). The major target of our PR campaign will be to increase our Reputation, in a bit to improve recruitment. And hence we are mostly interested to target Professors, Students, more often than potential clients.

We have are also planning to gather some Statistics and Surveys with fellow IT companies and Colleges, which will later (as planned) be released as PR. The Goal is to spread the name of the Company and trying to establish a permanent name for it, we hope this will help improve Recruitment process of our Company.

Harold Mansfield
06-04-2015, 12:07 PM
My only advice with press releases is go the extra mile. Don't just submit to press release sites and sit back and wait for others to pick it up. Send them directly to the publications and organizations that you want to know about you and include all of the tools and media that they need to make it easy to talk about you. Don't make them hunt down information.

I got music press submitted to me for years for a blog that I ran, and it was astounding how many people expected me to hunt down their images, videos, company information and social media profiles. The people who made it easy for me to write about them and submitted more than just words are the ones who got the press.

High quality images and video separate the serious marketers from the amateurs hoping to get lucky.

Kumar Palani
06-05-2015, 04:45 AM
My only advice with press releases is go the extra mile. Don't just submit to press release sites and sit back and wait for others to pick it up. Send them directly to the publications and organizations that you want to know about you and include all of the tools and media that they need to make it easy to talk about you. Don't make them hunt down information.

I got music press submitted to me for years for a blog that I ran, and it was astounding how many people expected me to hunt down their images, videos, company information and social media profiles. The people who made it easy for me to write about them and submitted more than just words are the ones who got the press.

High quality images and video separate the serious marketers from the amateurs hoping to get lucky.

Thanks for your suggestions, adding more since some of our Press Releases will be purely Neutral News (information) such as gathering information by taking a survey or conducting polls and so on, the data collected will later be published. My idea is not to make our PRs look repetitive or boring Typical Company Press Release..

I had already executed this once before and it worked really well compared to typical PRs, as information from our Surveys were readily shared by many and it gave a good result.

SEOHouston
06-10-2015, 09:04 PM
If part of your strategy involves SEO with your press release, make sure you incorporate those keywords you would like to rank for in your press release with a hyperlink to your site. Also make sure your website has those keywords in your Title Tags and Description.
Hope that helps!

RR151
06-10-2015, 09:40 PM
I watched Michael Taggart better known as Micheal X

Michael picked a business owner out of the crowd of the webinar and got him on page one of Google within the 15 or 20 minutes of him doing his magic live while we all watched. He picked the business owner, then did a Google search on the select words to show where the business owner was on Google before his magic, he was on page 20. Next he did his magic and the business owner was on the first page all in real time and live. I was amazed...So if your interested in learning how to make your press releases effective you need to follow Michael X...

That's the power of knowledge...RR

PhoenixLegalNYC
07-01-2015, 09:59 AM
I've been using Newswire and it's the most affordable one out there. It goes out to like 150 websites including Google News

vangogh
07-01-2015, 10:04 AM
Michael picked a business owner out of the crowd of the webinar and got him on page one of Google within the 15 or 20 minutes

That's not magic. It's one of two things. Either a scam that was set up before the webinar or he chose a phrase that no one else uses and anyone could rank for within a few minutes. More likely it's a scam and he would have no control over when Google visited and indexed the page.

It's not magic or any skill on his part.

PhoenixLegalNYC
07-01-2015, 04:36 PM
Hah. I've seen scams like that but there is some truth to it. SEO is technically dead. Our site is on Google for many keywords on 1st page and yet we still barely getting any traffic. But it can be true. I am personally a master with SEO and there are ways to get indexed almost immediately as soon as you post a page. Example: We have advanced tracking system. As soon as we post a page on our wordpress site, it's automatically gets indexed within minutes: Host Name: google-proxy-66-102-6-169.google.com IP Address: 66.102.6.169 Location: Mountain View, California, United States. So there IS some truth to it.

vangogh
07-02-2015, 10:19 AM
Our site is on Google for many keywords on 1st page and yet we still barely getting any traffic

I am personally a master with SEO

I think that's all we need to know about your "SEO expertise"

Kumar Palani
07-03-2015, 07:26 AM
I've been using Newswire and it's the most affordable one out there. It goes out to like 150 websites including Google News

PRnewswire? or Newswire?

Kumar Palani
07-03-2015, 07:29 AM

Well said, most SEOs go for blank ranking instead working out practical phrases that the ultimate result. In my view it is all about ultimate lead generation that matters, any traffic will never do, even worse is too much of crowding of empty traffic.

WebEminence
07-07-2015, 01:18 PM

Thanks for that vangogh. I was gonna say pretty much the same thing.:D

WebEminence
07-07-2015, 01:22 PM
PRs are definitely useful and I like to think of them as especially useful for their original intent, when you actually have news to release rather than trying to force non-newsworthy items into a press release. It sounds like your intentions and expectations are reasonable.

You'll get better results with newsworthy items. You'll get some traffic and SEO benefit with minimal effort with a PR, but you'll get more results with the more effort you put in (surprise surprise).

I've seen big rankings boosts and good exposure (first page of google for competitive terms) on a temporary basis, usually days or weeks at the most from the date of the release.

I actually did a few PRs for clients and myself and give examples of expected results in this video I made over a year ago. You should find this useful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwWKRqTUKu0

Things may have changed a bit since then, but I believe the overall principles and expected results remain the same. Hope it's useful to you.

Goldnote
07-14-2015, 01:35 PM
Hah. I've seen scams like that but there is some truth to it. SEO is technically dead. Our site is on Google for many keywords on 1st page and yet we still barely getting any traffic. But it can be true. I am personally a master with SEO and there are ways to get indexed almost immediately as soon as you post a page. Example: We have advanced tracking system. As soon as we post a page on our wordpress site, it's automatically gets indexed within minutes: Host Name: google-proxy-66-102-6-169.google.com IP Address: 66.102.6.169 Location: Mountain View, California, United States. So there IS some truth to it.
SEO is not dead just because you don't know how to do proper keyword research and choose low search volume keywords.
Nor are you a master of SEO or have any "advanced" tracking systems of any kind. You are a master of laughs though.

Harold Mansfield
07-14-2015, 02:00 PM

SEO is not dead. Self manipulation is dead. And everyone's new pages get indexed within minutes.