PDA

View Full Version : What would you do with $150,000?

wolvey1l
05-27-2015, 07:50 PM
If you had $150,000 available, what would you do with it? This is assuming that you don't need this money for the next 5-10 years. Is there a good business to start with this money, or would just invest it?

Harold Mansfield
05-27-2015, 08:46 PM
If you had $150,000 available, what would you do with it? This is assuming that you don't need this money for the next 5-10 years. Is there a good business to start with this money, or would just invest it?

What I would do with it, isn't the same as what YOU SHOULD do with it. I'd invest some of it in a business expansion idea in an industry that I already know.

You should just invest it. If you had a business idea that you were passionate about, you wouldn't be looking for ideas.
So in my opinion, you should park the money somewhere safe and investigate business opportunities thoroughly and learn about them until you figure out what you want to do.
Otherwise you'll waste your money throwing it at the first thing that sounds like a good idea, but that you know nothing about.

Owen
05-27-2015, 09:03 PM

Well, I would first put it in the bank. Once i turned 18, i would invest a good chunk of it into companies and the stock market.

Freelancier
05-27-2015, 10:18 PM
I know what I would do with that amount of cash, because that tends to be the amount of cash on hand that I usually want when I undertake a new investment. So... yes, invest it in something that interests you. Relatively safe bets can be found in the stock market if you just don't have a good idea what else you want to do with it.

M.Ehrmantraut
05-28-2015, 05:23 PM
I'd invest in a really nice CNC machine and start building custom guitars, the rest I'd just throw in the bank or help a certain family member pay-off the rest of their property.

Owen
05-28-2015, 06:56 PM
On second thought, maybe i'd wait until i'm 18 THEN invest into my own company!

Fulcrum
05-29-2015, 04:41 PM
I'd invest in a really nice CNC machine and start building custom guitars, the rest I'd just throw in the bank or help a certain family member pay-off the rest of their property.

If you got the ability, you could probably build a CNC router for under $10K.