PDA

View Full Version : Local Advertising Business

bcrozz
05-22-2015, 01:49 PM
I have a business that helps small businesses advertise locally around their area, and I'm posting the following google ad to try and generate interest:

AdWaze
Fast & Affordable Local Advertising.
Campaigns starting at $350!

Does this sound like something that is going to appeal to my target audience?

Is there anything I can do to make it more effective?

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Brandon

Owen
05-22-2015, 11:48 PM
I don't think you can add pictures to it, so I'm not too sure. It looks fine to me :)

bcrozz
05-26-2015, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the feedback Owen! I find it hard to look objectively at my own work, so it's nice to get the perspective of others.

HostColor
07-02-2015, 11:27 AM
Brandon,

Thank you. I'll go and take a look at your service. However, you have 2 posts only (it is not like I have a lot) and one of them is a self-promotion. This is not good for one's membership record, I guess. People usually work to establish a good membership record when they join any community and then start advertising or doing some self-promotion in sections were this is allowed.

PS: I went to your website and theres just a "Sign Up" button. There is no service description, there are not F.A.Q. There are few statements. Let's say I need to use any local ad service. Why do I signup?

chrismarklee
07-02-2015, 05:46 PM
I would target my customer Base with a Facebook Business Page. Facebook is great place to do this. You can run a pay per click ad too.

Harold Mansfield
07-02-2015, 07:22 PM
I have a business that helps small businesses advertise locally around their area, and I'm posting the following google ad to try and generate interest:

AdWaze
Fast & Affordable Local Advertising.
Campaigns starting at $350!

Does this sound like something that is going to appeal to my target audience?

Is there anything I can do to make it more effective?

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
Brandon

There is no way to tell. An ad campaign is more than just the ad itself. It's also about the destination. You can't just run ads and send them to a Facebook page or the home page of your website. You will waste your money. An ad needs to be in the right place, at the right time, say the right thing and have a definitive call to action. It needs to be a solution, not just a general announcement.

So to answer your question, yes there is far more you can do to make it effective. You can build the entire message from start to finish.

Goldnote
07-24-2015, 01:51 AM
There's no call to action. Right now it sounds like a general statement. I would think you'd know this if you're in advertising.
You can also use urgency like "Limited Time Only". Use discounts "15% OFF"

CfDoodles
07-24-2015, 08:20 AM
If you are targeting local businesses, the fastest, "easiest" way to reach them is to call them. Build a relationship with them. Talk with them. Explain why they need you. Otherwise you are just an add that shows up that they ignore.