PDA

View Full Version : Boy Name Ideas?

Blessed
05-06-2009, 01:21 PM
OK - Steve said I should ask... :D

We're having a boy in 6 weeks, trouble is - we haven't been able to agree on a name for him yet so I'm looking for suggestions!

The middle name will probably be Taylor... in honor of Hubby's deceased mother whose maiden name was Taylor and that whole side of his family - he's pretty close to several of them!

thanks!
Jenn

rezzy
05-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Bryan Taylor ;)

I got using my name out of the way.

There limtless number of names available. Johnathan comes to mind, because of the show Home Imporvement, Jonathan Taylor Thomas. The only reason I know that is, I knew a girl that was crazy about him...

Can you share you last name? That would help find something that "rings"

Blessed
05-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Our last name is Warren - pretty much anything goes with that!

vangogh
05-06-2009, 04:17 PM
How about Steven? Then he could be Steven Taylor and get confused with Steven Tyler of Aerosmith. And if his name is Steve he'll automatically become a member of the forum. :)

I've never been good with names so I'll make it easy on myself and suggest Vincent for Van Gogh. Vincent Taylor Warren. Has a nice ring to it.

Blacktalon
05-06-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm preferential to the name Boy O. You can never go wrong with that.

Oh for the love of beef. We do not need another Steve. With all due respect, Steve (one of many), but having too many Steves is equivalent to having too many toes in this respect.

Bryan is too common. Taylor is one that's not too too common. How about Corey? We need more Coreys.

Hmm...Warren. Well, let's see here.

-Steven Warren. Too many "en"s.
-Bradley Warren. Quaint.
-Goblin Warrens. Naw, that's a Magic card.
-Taylor Warren. Could work.
-Isaac Taylor Warren. That I like.

I like the last one the best.

Evan
05-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Justin Taylor.... Then he could go by JT. Or James.

:)

Steve B
05-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Brian, Barry, or Bobby have the added benefit of the initials BTW. People will always be waiting for me when he signs his initials.

Or, you can treat him like a puppy and see what he makes you think of after a few weeks. Although, I think the hospitals want you to have a name before you leave.

elsoft
05-07-2009, 09:54 AM
How about Peter Taylor Warren,Mark Taylor Warren,Dean Taylor Warren?

Blessed
05-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Keep the ideas coming... I think Steve is out though - Hubby says it's "too common" I guess he thinks there are too many Steve's in the world already too :)

vangogh
05-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Sure, make me feel all common and ordinary why don't you. :)

KristineS
05-07-2009, 12:52 PM
I have a nephew named Brendan, and I've always liked that name.

Christopher is nice. If I remember correctly you have a sister with some version of the name Kristine, at least I think you do, so that could be a nice tribute to her.

I've also always been partial to Benjamin too. I don't know why.

rezzy
05-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Seems everyone is recommending B names! Great, and Bryan/Brian is not common, at least I dont think so.

I once knew a guy named Ashely and one name Shannon. Except for them, I haven encountered use of "uni-sex" names.

Maybe: Devin

Blessed
05-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Sure, make me feel all common and ordinary why don't you. :)

Don't feel too bad Steve - Hubby doesn't want a "common" name because his name is David. I have an uncle named David, one of my brother-in-laws has a brother named David, one of our best friends is named David, there's another David E. Warren in our town, we've met a few other David & Jennifer's who were married to each other... It's just one of those things... :)

Blessed
05-07-2009, 11:38 PM
I once knew a guy named Ashely and one name Shannon. Except for them, I haven encountered use of "uni-sex" names.

My Father-in-Law's name is "Shirley" - he uses his initials or an abbreviation of his middle name. The crazy thing though is that his first wife, my husband's mother - who passed away in '98, was also named "Shirley". After she died, my FIL remarried and ended up marrying his deceased wife's best friend who had also lost her spouse to cancer - her name is "Lavern" so now Lavern and Shirley are married. :D

Blessed
05-07-2009, 11:45 PM
Last time Hubby actually agreed to talk about Boy names he gave me this list:
Afton
Chandler
Arden
Blake
Colt
Daven
Davin
Ivan
Jaxton
Kamden
Koda
Vance

But said that none of them were really what he was wanting...

so I gave him this list:
Carson
Ethan
Wyatt
Michael
Emmett
Calvin
Dawson
Chesley

Chesley was my Great-Grandpa's name and I really like it, but Hubby hates it. Michael is my Dad's name and was also my Grandpa's name but it has the "too common" problem.

So far off of my list Ethan and Wyatt are my favorites, Off Hubby's list I like Chandler and Blake best... but we have a dog named "Drake" so "Blake" might be a little too close to that.

Our daughter's name was easy - and before we knew what this baby was going to be we had already pretty much agreed on another girl name but this boy naming business is tough! So, I keep asking everyone I know and hoping that someone will suggest a name that just fits immediately and Hubby likes too!

rezzy
05-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Its interesting, his list has more uncommon names, while yours has primarliy "more" common names.

elsoft
05-08-2009, 10:23 AM
She didnot say "Ordinary" vangogh.May be she means that some of the Steves are extra-ordinary and some are not.Just trying to make Vangogh feel better.:D

huggytree
05-08-2009, 11:48 AM
We always had a theme.

we picked biblical 1st names which were easy....then we looked for a name which went with the 1st name...for our last daughter my wife wanted her mothers middle name...middle names dont matter much to me.

my wife has a niece named Govinda Starchild

Star child would also make a good first name?

her parents lived in a bus in a hippie commune in the 70's

rezzy
05-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Star child would also make a good first name?

her parents lived in a bus in a hippie commune in the 70's

That might be perfect it the baby was a girl.... ;)

I can see it now, a boy named Starchild Tyler Wagner

huggytree
05-08-2009, 05:13 PM
I thought Starchild was unisex

maybe if you put a double R on it

StarrChild....sounds more butch

Business Attorney
05-09-2009, 12:14 AM
Don't feel too bad Steve - Hubby doesn't want a "common" name because his name is David. I have an uncle named David, one of my brother-in-laws has a brother named David, one of our best friends is named David, there's another David E. Warren in our town, we've met a few other David & Jennifer's who were married to each other... It's just one of those things... :)

But David is such a great name!

Blessed
05-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Well I don't think Hubby will go for Starrchild either... but I happen to have a sister named Rainbow!

Vivid Color Zack
05-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Go with Zack. What could go wrong?

Patrysha
05-14-2009, 06:25 PM
My boys are named Bronson, Samuel and Nicholas if that helps.

Their middle names are Nicholas, George and Peter Neil.

Blessed
05-16-2009, 02:30 PM
I like Bronson - that's an unusual name!
My favorite cousin's name is Samuel Steele
and there's a Nicholas in our circle of friends already...

The problem with George is that is what we used to name the stray dogs that would come around to visit... now that's the first thing I think of anytime I hear the name "George"

I'm kinda leaning toward Chandler right now, we'll see though!