PDA

View Full Version : The Hurrier I Go...

Blessed
05-06-2009, 07:36 AM
...the behinder I get.

It's been a busy month or two!

I've been popping in here and reading a few posts every few days, trying to stay up-to-date but I still feel like I've been working away from the office for six weeks and now I'm back and I'm behind on all the office gossip, the discussions about new company policies and have to hurry up and get up to speed on all the hot projects currently in-house. In short - I miss you guys!

Anyway - Hubby is liking the job he started at the end of February - he still doesn't like 3rd shift (11 pm to 7:30 or 8:30 or 9:30... am) but we're adjusting, or at least we were until they pulled him back to days for two or three days a week. It's been crazy - he's had to be on days to do interviews, orientations and training for two or three days a week then he'll work nights the rest of the week. That's been going on for the past month - hopefully it ends soon!

I've got six more weeks to go until Baby Boy is scheduled to arrive! He's big and the doctor scheduled my C-Section a week early but still thinks he might come before then. We just have to think of a name for this little guy.

I've picked up some new clients and a couple of my old clients are getting into their busy seasons so I'll still be around - but not very much for the next couple of months.

vangogh
05-06-2009, 12:16 PM
I hear you about hurrier and busier. I think sometimes that happens because we rush on to the next thing without completely finishing the current thing and then the current thing needs more attention.

Nice to see you back too. Hopefully you'll find more time to say hi, but I think we'll all understand if you can't.

Yuck 3rd shift. That's the one I could never work. I like sleeping at night and being awake during the day. I tend to stay up late, but not as late as 3rd shift.

6 more weeks and counting. You could start a thread asking for baby name recommendations. Of course we may all recommend our own names in which case baby will be named Steve.

Blessed
05-06-2009, 01:17 PM
OK - I'm doing it... there is a baby name suggestion thread going up in just a minute!

vangogh
05-06-2009, 04:15 PM
I just noticed. Hmm? I'm thinking Steven is a nice name. :)

cbscreative
05-06-2009, 06:02 PM
I vote for Steve too. But I also like the following expression:

"The quicker you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up."

KristineS
05-07-2009, 12:51 PM
I think everyone is a bit busy right now. I know I have been.

Sometimes you just have to be o.k. with the fact that you can't get to everything, much as you'd like to do so. Sometimes you also just have to sit back and relax a bit. It's really easy to get yourself tied in knots trying to do everything.