PDA

View Full Version : How to Create Viral Content

vangogh
05-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Skellie wrote a good post, How to Write a Viral-ready Article in 2 Hours Flat (http://www.skelliewag.org/tutorial-how-to-write-a-viral-ready-article-in-2-hours-flat-951.htm). I'm not sure about the time frame as I think it would take me longer to get this done well, but there are some good ideas in the post nonetheless.

She writes about a 4 step process, but I only want to focus on one right now (You can read the article for the rest)

Write down the three core wants of your target reader, only as they relate to your niche.

Here are two examples:

For someone learning to use Adobe Photoshop, this is likely to be:

Become very good at using Photoshop.
Earn good money for the things I make in Photoshop.
Learn how to do something very cool and useful in Photoshop that I didn’t know before.

For someone reading news about Tennis, this could be:

Learn more about Tennis and its history.
Keep up with my favorite players.
Know more about new developments in Tennis.

The first example applies to advice based content and the second to information based content

I can see how this idea would work to give your blog a direction and guide you in your choice of content ideas and how to present those contents. I can see how simply spending time to uncover the core wants of your audience would be a worthwhile pursuit.

Have you ever done anything like this, trying to identify the core wants of your audience for your topic? Id you read the article and the rest of the process do you think it's something that could work for you?