PDA

View Full Version : Well, Hello!

stu gray
05-05-2009, 12:00 PM
I'm Stu Gray - I help businesses tell their stories - with my voice, thru copywriting, or with audio production! I'm based in Middle Tennessee, right outside of Nashville.

I started my business fulltime in February of last year (after doing it part time for several years while in Radio)...and am loving it!

I'm looking forward to meeting you and learning from other business owners and entrepreneurs!

vangogh
05-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Welcome to the forum Stu. I think you'll find most of us are loving being in business for ourselves too. I'm also sure we'll be able to share with you and learn from you. I'm glad you found us and thanks for joining the community.

rezzy
05-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Welcome stu. There are so many different skillsets here. Its great to have one more to add.

Do you do voicemail recordings?

stu gray
05-05-2009, 01:04 PM
@vangogh - Thanks! glad to be a part!!

@rezzy - Thanks!! I do all types of recordings - media presentations, commercials, infomercials, instore recordings...and yes, voicemail messaging too!

cbscreative
05-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Welcome to our friendly corner of the Internet universe. I used to sub for a video production company so I have a pretty good idea how much work can go into an audio production. I remember hearing a narrator working in the next room and how many different "takes" they would record to try to get the perfect result.

stu gray
05-05-2009, 02:26 PM
@cbscreative - Thank you for the warm welcome. I am enjoying looking around. Thats the fun work of voiceover. Matching the VO to the 'sound' the producer or engineer is looking for!:)

vangogh
05-05-2009, 04:11 PM
In years past I thought of doing voice over work. I'm pretty good at impressions and and changing how my voice sounds (within limits of course). I always thought I could do well doing voice overs. Alas it wasn't meant to be.

KristineS
05-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Welcome Stu. I've done voiceover work for commercials and I do all the audio for the videos our companies make. I know it can be hard work.

We're glad you've decided to join us. It's always fun to add another perspective to the mix.

rezzy
05-05-2009, 06:44 PM
I never considered doing voice work. Its not my market.

Or maybe.... Nah, its not for me. I coudlnt sit doing 10 retakes of the same phrase.

I have thought about being an actor though.

stu gray
05-06-2009, 12:22 PM
With technology being the way it is now, 10, and even 5, years ago, there were not as many people doing "voiceover work" because we all had to drive to studios where they had the pro gear...but today - many are hopping in and trying their chops because the tech is so good and easy to acquire for yourself!

@KirstineS thanks for the welcome Kristine!

rezzy
05-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Who would have thought, compeition in voiceovers? I never really considered that being a market. Goes to show what I know.

I guess, a singers voice is what makes the rich, why cant a good talking voice do just the same?

cbscreative
05-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Rezzy, your 10 retakes of the same phrase may be an understatement in many cases. Just one short sentence, like this one, has at least 100 ways it could be said. It's not something we normally think about, but I imagine Stu could tell lots of stories.