PDA

View Full Version : Advertising my resume writing service in schools

Ted Perrotti
04-24-2015, 09:43 PM
As a way of creating awareness for my resume writing business (which is what I am retooling my site (Ted Perrotti, Copywriter | Stories That Sell (http://www.TedStoriesThatSell.com)) to focus on, I am going to be contacting several local colleges and universities and asking permission to advertise my services to students in their career centers and around campus. Have any of you also done this? Who should I approach? What should I ask them? What if the school already has some sort of resume service in place?

Many people--including soon-to-be graduates--have done and accomplished many things that, if told correctly, can powerfully and dramatically demonstrate the values and qualities many employers are looking for. And yet, they just don't know how to put this amazing story of themselves into resume form. I want to use my interviewing and writing skills to help them do that. However, first I have to let them know that I am here.

I look forward to your suggestions and tips! :)

David Hunter
04-27-2015, 10:12 AM
You don't get what you don't ask for, so ask them!!

I remember our school (high school and career center) taught us on to write resumes. Though... I later found out they didn't know what they were doing. ha So, you might have a chance!

krymson
04-28-2015, 01:13 PM
Go for it man, you might even hook up with the Texas Workforce Solutions and offer to be a consultant. I would dip my toe in the water on that one though... Those are people looking for jobs and generally don't have much extra spending money, but it's worth a shot.

MarketingMasterSystem
12-17-2015, 01:40 PM
Job seekers spend time online in places that post jobs, have you tried advertising there?

trunker
02-25-2016, 11:28 AM
I think donating your time may be the way to start. Offer a free seminar about entry level employment (at the schools), how to find a job, interviewing and finally how important it is to have a great resume. Most schools do not care about the student after they have paid and are out the door, my opinion/experience. You are offering a free service to the schools that do not want to spend money on this subject. During the seminar hand out helpful, REALLY unique material that gets people excited.

journalist55
03-31-2022, 12:15 PM
Hi Ted, I think it's great that you have started this resume writing business! I know that when I was in college I was not given that much advice on how to compose my resume, I always had to ask for help. I think that a lot of students would take advantage of your service!