PDA

View Full Version : My Brother Has No Friends?

Owen
04-13-2015, 08:06 PM
Alright: I know this is absolutely nothing to do with business, and this is the only forum I'm active on. We're both homeschooled, so he doesn't see the school kids as much as me. Personally, I play baseball so I see people more than him. He doesn't play sports. He has been crying a lot lately because he has no friends, so I don't know what to do. He's incredibly nieve, he's 13 and still believes in the tooth fairy. I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

Owen
04-15-2015, 09:39 PM
bumpity bump bump

Freelancier
04-16-2015, 01:16 AM
It's called "puberty" combined with having no real activities to get him out of his own head, so the raging hormones have nowhere to go except into his own emotional roller coaster.

This isn't a job for us. This is something your parents need to step up and get him involved in something that's not about him. If sports isn't his thing, he needs to get out there and volunteer at something that he thinks might matter to him. The more time he spends doing something around other people and not worrying about whether he has any friends, the faster he'll make friends.

Gustav-Dam
04-16-2015, 11:15 AM
force him to join some local interest groups like sports, hobbies, religious, cultural etc
also ask him to join some short courses / trainings / gym
when he will interact with people he'll automatically make new friends.

David Hunter
04-16-2015, 11:53 AM
He may just grow out of it as he gets older.

I was a total recluse. Didn't go anywhere. Didn't do anything. Then I hit my 20s and got out of my shell. The rest is history.

M.Ehrmantraut
04-21-2015, 01:02 AM
He's incredibly nieve, he's 13 and still believes in the tooth fairy. I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

Sit him down and have a talk with him - a long talk...