PDA

View Full Version : What are the places online to buy a good website?

elsoft
05-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Hello.
Just wanted to know what are the better sites,if there are any to buy and sell the websites (not the domain names).Please share.Thank you.

rezzy
05-02-2009, 09:22 AM
What do you mean "buy a website".

If you are looking for a generic template, there are several avaliable on the internet. It just depends on what you are looking for, and if you are using a system like Joomla, Wordpress.

If you are looking for something custom to your needs, then you want a professional to help design a site.

cbscreative
05-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Yep, templates are all over and it doesn't much matter where you buy those because many or most are affiliated in some way and the same ones appear on thousands of template sites. For getting web site design, there are members here like vangogh and I, plus others, and you might be able to find a "niche designer" who specializes in the type of site you need. There are plenty of options.

vangogh
05-02-2009, 02:41 PM
I'll ask the same question. Originally I thought you meant the whole site as in domain and all. If you don't mean buying the site and domain are you looking then for a template or theme of some kind. There are many places to buy those.

nighthawk
05-02-2009, 05:33 PM
If you do mean buying/selling already established websites, then SitePoint has a marketplace where you can do just that - SitePoint Marketplace - Buy & sell established web sites, startup and turnkey websites and more (http://marketplace.sitepoint.com/?)

I'm sure there are other sites that allow you to do so, but that is the only one I know of.

Edit: I should probably point out that I have never bought or sold a site through sitepoint, so I cant comment on how good / reliable the service is. I would tend to be weary, if the sites are as big a gold mine as the sellers seem to make out - then why are they selling them in the first place...?

vangogh
05-02-2009, 08:41 PM
I was going to mention SitePoint's Marketplace too. Webmaster-Talk has a similar Marketplace with a Sites for Sale (http://www.webmaster-talk.com/marketplace/viewcategory.php?id=2) section. Digital Point might have one too. Website Broker (http://www.websitebroker.com/) is another option.

In all those case you're buying the whole business, including the domain. I'm not sure if that's what elsoft is looking for though.

Harold Mansfield
05-02-2009, 09:23 PM
There is also Namepros, and I am pretty sure that SEDO sells websites, or "Domains with content".
On the lower end of the price spectrum, Digital Point has a Buy and Sell Marketplace. You have to wade through the cookie cutter sites that people are flipping, but there some real sales in there.

The last place in the world that want to look is Ebay. Never buy a domain or website on Ebay.

elsoft
05-03-2009, 01:22 AM
Hi friends.I am actually look for a website with content.Thats already deployed and I just need to take over.

On the Lighter side :By the way Vangogh,are you planning to sell this site? :D

vangogh
05-03-2009, 02:35 AM
If you're looking for a site with content then you'll have to by the domain with it most likely. You could always move it to another domain later, though you're probably better off keeping it where it is.

Look at some of the sites we've mentioned in the thread. All sell sites, but do make sure to do your homework with whatever site you're thinking of buying.

You could also buy content without the site. Do a search for private label content or similar. There are sites you can join and for a monthly fee download quite a bit of content. You can also hire someone to create the content for you.

No plans on selling the forum.

rezzy
05-03-2009, 05:34 PM
No plans on selling the forum.

So, I plan to take over the forum and post tons of spam wont work... :)

vangogh
05-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Nope. Your plan is doomed to fail.