PDA

View Full Version : Stopping by to say Hello!

Patricia
04-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Hi There!

I just joined today! My name is Patricia and I run a family owned wholesale/retail jewelry/accessories business here in South Florida. We've been in business for about 20 years now but would love to take our "mom & pop" business to the next level. In addition to the jewelry business, I also am interested in the real estates.

I am looking forward to learning from everyone here and hopefully, I can be of benefit to others as well.

Good Luck to All!!
Patricia

vangogh
04-07-2015, 08:36 AM
Welcome to the forum Patricia. Congrats on being in business for 20 years. That's no small feat. Looking forward to chatting with you and thanks for joining the community.

David Hunter
04-07-2015, 12:37 PM
Welcome to the forum, Patricia!

My dad just moved to Fort Lauderdale and he loves it down there.

When you say you're interested in real estate do you mean investing or becoming an agent to sell?

Patricia
04-08-2015, 09:33 AM
Welcome to the forum, Patricia!

My dad just moved to Fort Lauderdale and he loves it down there.

When you say you're interested in real estate do you mean investing or becoming an agent to sell?

We have a couple of rental homes now and thinking about getting licensed. I saw a couple of Groupon deals for online RE classes and figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to do in my "spare" time. Spare time? �� lol. Were you in residential or commercial?

David Hunter
04-08-2015, 10:50 AM
Awesome! Since you have investment properties you could niche yourself and work with investors.

So in Florida you can take online classes to get your RE license?! Lucky. In Ohio we have to go to a physical class, but for Continue Education we can do them online (though, I guess going to the physical class was good because of the connections... I lost contact with all but one guy who became a friend and he's still in RE, so you never know where it would lead).

I was in residential. I thought about commercial but never took the leap.

Paul Elliott
04-08-2015, 03:55 PM
Welcome to the Forum, Patricia!

Do you have enough experience/interest to get into RE rental management. My brother was a Realtor and managed a number of homes. When he took on another home, his contract contained that the owner agreed to use him as the listing Realtor, if the owner decided to sell the home/homes my brother was managing. He made some good income that way.

My best to you in your new venture!

Paul