PDA

View Full Version : Review : www.surefirehire.com

elsoft
05-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Hi friends.Can you please go through the subject site and share your honest views and thoughts.Thank you.:)

Patrysha
05-02-2009, 10:41 AM
The site looks nice and clean to me. The colors are soothing and it has a fairly professional though somewhat bland appearance.

The copy could use some work to promote conversions though. It really tends towards the features rather than the benefits. It tells rather than sells.

My first question on reaching the site is How is this going to be different from oDesk or Elance? I did not immediately click around to find out - part of that should be front and center. And depending on who your market is, you might want to tell us if there is any oversight or qualification of the freelancers and things like that.

And even though those services exist...you still have to sell yourself as if the visitor coming to the site has no clue about them and show them why they should use your service for finding freelancers and give reasons for freelancers to stick around and/or sign up or whatever the process is.

There are some spelling errors that are a bit distracting and maybe this is nitpicky but the unorthodox capitalization was disconcerting to me. I'd rather see special words bolded or brought out some other way than through capitalizing the letters. (I really noticed that on the FAQ page)

That's all I've got for now. Hope that it is helpful.

elsoft
05-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks Radiogirl for the review of the site and proposing certain modifications that need to worked out.As you may have noted,its a new site and these suggestions and I hope many more to come are going to play an important role in shaping up the site.Once again thanks for the sincere views.:)

vangogh
05-02-2009, 05:34 PM
I agree the site looks clean and soothing, though also a little bland. Maybe adding a few splashes of color to things like headings would help. Not a lot, but a little here or there.

I'd also agree that the site is like some others. What differentiates it from them? Not that there can't be more than one site in the market, but what is it about yours to convince people it's the one for them.

When first arriving at the site I'm not sure what to do right away. How about two big buttons. For Employers. For Freelancers. Or something like that. Two different types of users with different needs. Something to get each to the place they want to go as soon as possible. I see it on the left, but it's not immediately obvious. Also is service provider the right word? I don't know it people will refer to themselves that way and won't realize it's for them.

elsoft
05-03-2009, 01:28 AM
... How about two big buttons. For Employers. For Freelancers....

Great Idea Vangogh.Thank you.:)

vangogh
05-03-2009, 02:31 AM
Glad to help.

GBlack
06-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Hi Elsoft,

I am going to disagree with the clean look. Soothing yes, but I feel it needs some formatting. To me, the reader is being forced to work too hard to follow things. eg. you have 4 or 5 different font colors, white, blue , black , red, yellow...to me, this is hard on the eyes...also, you have Employer related content on the left and then over on the right side, you have more Employer related material...keep it all in one spot so it's easy for Employer to see...also, may seem like a minor point but you may want to mention creating an account is free if it is...also inconsistent use of upper case and small case (see blog section titles)

Hope this is helpful.

vangogh
06-30-2009, 11:58 PM
Interesting take. The font colors don't bother me at all. Doesn't seem hard on the eyes. For me it just makes the non blue pop a little.

Good point about the employer related material being on both the right and left. Ideally they should be grouped together. An employer finding something of interest on one side may never get around to looking at the other side. Better to present all the information to them in one place, along with a design elements that calls attention to the idea that employer info can be found there.