PDA

View Full Version : Not receiving Facebook page check-in notifications

ashlen
04-03-2015, 01:59 PM
I manage a Facebook page for a pizza restaurant and occasionally I receive notifications of check-ins from customers on Facebook. However the other day my sister checked in (she typed text and clicked on the location marker where she selected the restaurant name) and I never received notification. I am wondering why this is? I also wonder how many other check-ins I have not been notified of?

This is her post:

"I'm so excited for lasagna. I'm Garfield." -Lauren
— with Lauren at Upper Cru...za.

Harold Mansfield
04-03-2015, 02:01 PM
I manage a Facebook page for a pizza restaurant and occasionally I receive notifications of check-ins from customers on Facebook. However the other day my sister checked in (she typed text and clicked on the location marker where she selected the restaurant name) and I never received notification. I am wondering why this is?

This is her post:

"I'm so excited for lasagna. I'm Garfield." -Lauren
— with Lauren at Upper Cru...za.

Both of you need to check your settings to see that proper notifications are set, and she needs to make sure that she's allowing her check ins and other activities to be seen by others.

ashlen
04-03-2015, 02:41 PM
Ah, thanks. I wish I knew that before I promoted a check-in campaign -_-

I had to change my post setting to public in order to be notified of the check-in.

ashlen
04-03-2015, 02:43 PM
I was intending to give away a prize for guests that check-in with a photo but I am not sure how to go about it now since it would jeopardize their privacy settings. Maybe I can have them just send the photo directly via message.

Harold Mansfield
04-03-2015, 04:23 PM
I was intending to give away a prize for guests that check-in with a photo but I am not sure how to go about it now since it would jeopardize their privacy settings. Maybe I can have them just send the photo directly via message.

Allow them to post the selfie of them at your location on your page's timeline.

Or run the promotion through Four Square or Twitter.

ashlen
05-01-2015, 12:17 PM
Thank you for the recommendations. I think I will tell customers to post photos on the Facebook timeline. I have used Foursquare but it doesn't seem to be very popular because I never hear about it.

LogansWalk
05-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Thank you for the recommendations. I think I will tell customers to post photos on the Facebook timeline. I have used Foursquare but it doesn't seem to be very popular because I never hear about it.

That should work! Hell, all I ever see when I go on facebook are pics of people showing what they ate for lunch or dinner ha!