PDA

View Full Version : Created a new website and logo. I need your opinion!

londonmoon
03-29-2015, 12:46 PM
I've just relaunched my website with a new theme and logo I designed and created. I thank you all for your critique and input.

Here is my website on the side: Roadside Assistance Providers (http://www.roadsideassistanceproviders.com/)

krymson
03-30-2015, 09:22 AM
First major glaring thing I'm seeing is that the background on larger monitors does not fill the entire area, set background-size:cover; and that will fix it.

Not a fan of the "Join Now" call to action. Too much gradient, I would probably do a flat color or ghost button.

The nav menu could be a bit more user friendly. A somewhat dark blue on a darker blue for the active link and the black on hover, that's really hard to see, I would go with a white or light gray, it will be a lot easier on the eyes.

On your inner pages you have redundant headings, One that's positioned left just under the navigation, and one positioned center above the symbol of the page. Pick one to keep and get rid of the other. Search Engines can look at that and consider it spammy as it's not going to read as a human would and they might take it as keyword dropping.

The images on the pages dont need to be linked to their media file, remove the links.

I would work on security for the website, here are 2 great plugins for WordPress security, Wordfence and iThemes Security.

The Good: the color scheme is nice just needs some tweaking. The images on the inner pages are clean. Overall its a clean basic design just to get information across, nut to pay attention to the things I suggested fixing, you can take those ideas or leave them but those are my recommendations

londonmoon
04-01-2015, 12:16 AM
I want to say thank you for the advice. You cleared up a lot of mistakes I'd made on the website including the security. I know I have a lot more to correct on this website but your expertise was very dear to me and I've take note to what you suggested and added those trinkets, thanks a ton for your advice and effort.

Colby-ReviewUs
04-02-2015, 03:21 PM
I think Krymson gave great advice, so I'll touch on something else.

Roadside assistance is always going to be help arriving during a small crisis, so I like the feeling of serenity that is conveyed with the light blues and open skies. That said, the picture of the beach elicits the right feelings, but doesn't send the right message. If you found a a picture with blue skies and a road in it...for me, it would send the right message and elicit the right feelings. It's essentially making someone feel safe with you during a crisis.

Colby-ReviewUs
04-02-2015, 03:23 PM
Here is another one

Gabe
04-02-2015, 11:18 PM
Hello. Nice work, I'm glad it's responsive.

But the home page seems a bit wordy and not easily scannable. You also might want to be more clear with what you are. It looks like a membership program, but it's not as clear as it should be.

Also, is there only a certain area you serve or are you nationwide? What's the main benefit of your service? You should make that clear.

londonmoon
04-26-2015, 07:25 PM
Thanks Colby, I've removed the image I previously had of the beach (lol) and replaced it with a road. I also used a sort of vale over the image to input call-to-action, thanks. I'm still working on it.

londonmoon
04-26-2015, 07:27 PM
I see exactly what you mean Gabe. Too Wordy! I probably should begin using examples from other websites that implement better words to describe what I mean. Thanks, I'm still working on this website to improve it though.

chewbecca
08-25-2015, 09:34 AM
Have to agree on the too wordy thing. Doesn't look like a business page and more like a detailed blog or something?

Best Regards.