PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

LeanRevolution
04-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Hello!
I've been a member for a little while now and have not had a chance to introduce myself.
My name is Andrew Hunter and I am a Certified Management Accountant and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. I'm passionate about my family and helping others find a healthy work life balance. I'm looking forward to participating in some good business discussions!

Andrew
Lean Unleashed For Small Business (http://www.leanunleashed.com)
Lean Manufacturing Tools And Lean Training For Small Business Success (http://successinworkandfamilylife.com)

vangogh
04-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Welcome to the forum Andrew. I'm glad you decided to say hi and introduce yourself. Looking forward to seeing you in the discussions though I'll have to remember not to disagree with you so you don't put that black belt to use on me. :)

Thanks for joining the community when you did and saying hi now.

cbscreative
04-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Welcome, Andrew. I have some clients in mfg so I have learned a lot about lean and green, even written some articles and info on it. I look forward to discussions with you and hope you like this forum. We don't have a lot of mfg people here so it's good to have you in the group. I anticipate you can add a lot to our discussions.

LeanRevolution
04-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks guys,

As for the karate thing, I get that joke alot! In reality, I have a red belt in karate. My wife is one belt above me. Check out the short video half way down my blog (see original post above) to see what she did to me last Friday... by accident of course! My eye looks even worse now.

Andrew

vangogh
04-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Yeah I didn't think I was being original. That's what happens when I try to post quickly.

Is that a black eye I see. Maybe I should amend my unoriginal comment to say I don't want to disagree with your wife.

By the way I watched the whole video. Your program sounds interesting and it's not expensive at all. Is this the first time you're offering it or have you offered the training in the past?

LeanRevolution
04-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Yep, its kind of hard to see in the vid, but she nailed me good.

My training program is totally new. I'm launching it this weekend. I'm pretty excited about it, given that it's my first online venture.

vangogh
04-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Cool about this being the first attempt. It's more exciting that way. Let me know how it goes. I'd definitely be interested to hear. I'm working on some things myself and will go through all the launch stuff hopefully in the not too distant future.

If there are some things you prefer not to share in public you can send me a PM. I'm good at keeping secrets.

Good luck with the launch this weekend.

Patrysha
04-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the forum :-)

elsoft
05-01-2009, 05:41 AM
Hi LeanRevolution,cbscreative,vangogh,radio girl.This is my first read of the discussions here and I should say its a mixture of humour without missing the underlying business experience and excitment of the first venture.Glad to to be here...By the way Iam a new entry here a fresher to this forum.

vangogh
05-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks elsoft. I see you started an intro thread of your own so I'll officially welcome you there.

rezzy
05-01-2009, 05:05 PM
If there are some things you prefer not to share in public you can send me a PM. I'm good at keeping secrets.

I would agree with that. Steve, do you have any topic secret clearances we should know about?

Welcome, Mr. Red and Mrs. Black belt. This "place" has turned into a virtual home, but the friendships feel real. We even had a virutal party few months back with virtual martinis.

Am I hijacking this thread? Better get back on topic, Welcome!

vangogh
05-01-2009, 06:16 PM
I could tell you about my top secret clearance, but then I'd have to kill you to maintain the secrecy :)

cbscreative
05-02-2009, 02:15 PM
So if rezzy stops posting, we'll know why.

vangogh
05-02-2009, 02:31 PM
I can't say. It's a secret.