PDA

View Full Version : Thanks!

magicman
04-29-2009, 09:13 PM
I just want to thank everyone that has taken the time to help me with my questions over the past week.

With your help, research and an help from an accountant, I am happy to say I am going tomorrow to fill out a DBA and open my own business!

I am so excited!

Thanks again!

Dan Furman
04-29-2009, 10:00 PM
I just want to thank everyone that has taken the time to help me with my questions over the past week.

With your help, research and an help from an accountant, I am happy to say I am going tomorrow to fill out a DBA and open my own business!

I am so excited!

Thanks again!

Congrats. And really glad you went to see an accountant. One of the best moves any businessperson can make, imho.

vangogh
04-29-2009, 10:00 PM
Congrats. I can tell your excited to be starting your business. Woo Hoo!

Glad we could help answer some of your questions. We'll be here for any more questions that come up too. One thing you'll find out about business is the questions are never ending. You'll do a lot of learning as you go and keeping looking for ways to improve on the things you've done.

Let us know how things go tomorrow.

Evan
04-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Congratulations, magicman! As you can see there are a lot of laws which regulate businesses. The red tape almost never stops.

My best advice is leave the red tape for those who can handle it and focus on just running your business.

Best of luck,

KristineS
04-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Good for you.

I'm glad you decided to consult with experts in person as well as on forums like these. It's always best to get all the advice you can.

magicman
04-30-2009, 01:47 PM
I just got back, and I am now a business!!!

SuzanneDIngram
04-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Congratulations! Good luck in your new venture. Just remember that Rome wasn't built in a day ;) and it takes time to build your business. But keep working at it, bit by bit and it will happen for you.

Most of all, have fun!

Cheers,
Suzanne

vangogh
04-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Congrats on being in business. Feels good doesn't it? Are you going to celebrate tonight?

Suzanne is right. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is a business. I'm pretty sure you can build a business faster than you can build Rome, though.

Get ready for both successes and failures along the way. Don't let mistakes get you down. We all made them and all continue to make them. The key is to learn from your mistakes so you don't repeat them.

The little failures along the way also tend to make the successes that much sweeter. We'll be here for support and any help we can offer along the way.