PDA

View Full Version : Blogs!

Owen
02-28-2015, 04:07 PM
Ok, so I had this idea: I think vBulletin has a blog addon, so what if you let people write blogs? Maybe you can you WP Multi-site on a subdomain. That would be awesome :D

Freelancier
02-28-2015, 04:25 PM
Probably not a good day to bring this up :)

Harold Mansfield
02-28-2015, 05:29 PM
Ok, so I had this idea: I think vBulletin has a blog addon, so what if you let people write blogs? Maybe you can you WP Multi-site on a subdomain. That would be awesome :D

Not to be a bubble burster but it's a very old idea and more of them have failed than you can count. Offering a free place to blog is not the boom it used to be.
Any semi serious blogger will create their own, and not so serious bloggers abandon them faster that a Kevin Federline marriage.

Also, that set up...even though the technology exists to do it. Managing it is a full time job. Between the spam and the fake accounts, trust me when I say it's not worth it. There's no money in it. Even hyper-local blogging start ups created by newspapers and publishing companies have thrown in the towel.

Owen
02-28-2015, 05:50 PM
Not to be a bubble burster but it's a very old idea and more of them have failed than you can count. Offering a free place to blog is not the boom it used to be.
Any semi serious blogger will create their own, and not so serious bloggers abandon them faster that a Kevin Federline marriage.

Also, that set up...even though the technology exists to do it. Managing it is a full time job. Between the spam and the fake accounts, trust me when I say it's not worth it. There's no money in it. Even hyper-local blogging start ups created by newspapers and publishing companies have thrown in the towel.

I see what you mean. :/