PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on advertising with Houzz?

JC
02-28-2015, 03:32 PM
Anyone here advertise on Houzz, and if so, how was your experience? Any other thoughts about it, please feel free to leave comments as I'm thinking about advertising with them. Thanks!

Harold Mansfield
03-01-2015, 10:18 AM
It's not my industry, but I've had a few Construction industry clients who take their associate with Houzz very seriously. As far as buying ads there, it's just like any other place where you can buy ads and you need to approach it is as such.

Is that where your target market is?
Is there enough of them to make it worth your while?

You really have to evaluate whether it's good for your business, not judge based on someone elses results. And then you have to test.

The thing with asking others about running ads is that first it's different for every business. Also most people have no idea what they are doing, don't do any homework, and don't even take the time to learn how to structure an ad and landing page properly. They just buy ads, direct them to the home page and then sit back and expect miracles. That's not how ads work. So I always say take advice from others about their experience with ads with a grain of salt. You can't put much weight on it unless you're sure they actually made the effort.

David Hunter
03-01-2015, 11:14 AM
No clue about advertising with Houzz, but I do love their site! I just browse and dream. ha

Though, if it's targeted to your area and you have a great offer, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Heck, you get one landscaping client you'll probably make all of your money back. Just be sure you have a website, start getting testimonials, get on Angie's List, etc.

JC
03-01-2015, 12:20 PM
No clue about advertising with Houzz, but I do love their site! I just browse and dream. ha

Though, if it's targeted to your area and you have a great offer, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Heck, you get one landscaping client you'll probably make all of your money back. Just be sure you have a website, start getting testimonials, get on Angie's List, etc.

Thanks, just the fact that you love the site gives me a little more motivation to do it, as I've heard others say the same. There's a gal from Houzz that I've been dealing with one on one who's very pleasant as well, which seems like a good sign.

JC
03-01-2015, 12:28 PM
It's not my industry, but I've had a few Construction industry clients who take their associate with Houzz very seriously. As far as buying ads there, it's just like any other place where you can buy ads and you need to approach it is as such.

Is that where your target market is?
Is there enough of them to make it worth your while?

You really have to evaluate whether it's good for your business, not judge based on someone elses results. And then you have to test.

The thing with asking others about running ads is that first it's different for every business. Also most people have no idea what they are doing, don't do any homework, and don't even take the time to learn how to structure an ad and landing page properly. They just buy ads, direct them to the home page and then sit back and expect miracles. That's not how ads work. So I always say take advice from others about their experience with ads with a grain of salt. You can't put much weight on it unless you're sure they actually made the effort.

Thanks Harold, I know the best way to find out is to try it for myself, but even the info about your construction clients helps, as I've heard all good indicators and none negative so far about Houzz, which is part of what I'm attempting to learn.

Harold Mansfield
03-01-2015, 01:36 PM
I've never heard any negatives about Houzz. As I said, the clients I've had have sworn by having a presence there.

JC
03-01-2015, 01:43 PM
I've never heard any negatives about Houzz. As I said, the clients I've had have sworn by having a presence there.

Good to know, thanks!

VinnyP
03-13-2015, 12:27 PM
It all depends on your niche right? If your nicheis design and interior then I would say go for it give them a try. You sometimes can't rely on reviews eveyone has a different experience.

krymson
03-13-2015, 01:02 PM
One of my clients is a Home Stager, After I finished building her site she promoted it on Houzz and she ended up getting this awesome gig in Hawaii by some home builder in California. That's about the end of my experience with it.