PDA

View Full Version : Ein?

CCAdamson
02-24-2015, 01:42 PM
I am just starting out and had a question about the EIN (Federal Tax ID).

I formed a Single Member LLC, do I file for an EIN?

I see on the IRS web site the business will be treated as "disregarded" and it appears in 2016 I'll need to file a 1040C. Do I still need the EIN since they are saying it will be part of my personal returns?

Thank you

Freelancier
02-24-2015, 01:52 PM
I have a few single-member LLCs and all have EINs so that I don't have to put my social security number on anything related to the LLC. That's all it's good for, to identify the LLC with a number different from your SSN.

Runum
02-24-2015, 02:30 PM
I have a few single-member LLCs and all have EINs so that I don't have to put my social security number on anything related to the LLC. That's all it's good for, to identify the LLC with a number different from your SSN.

Agreed. Your business will be taken more seriously with an EIN. Suppliers will ask for the number.

Coltrane
02-25-2015, 10:53 AM
Agreed with both above. I have a single-member LLC and got an EIN...it takes less than 15 minutes to do, and you get the number right away. It's free! No issues.

CCAdamson
02-25-2015, 03:05 PM
After your responses and then reading more on the IRS web site I got one. It was a simple process.

Owen
02-25-2015, 10:31 PM
When I register my company I will have an EIN. Without question.