PDA

View Full Version : Need input for a new website

Live Stress Free Club
02-21-2015, 11:10 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just launched a new business, a monthly subscription club base on being stress free, because honestly- who doesn't love being stress free?

I am looking for some advice on some low cost/no cost ways to get the word out beyond my network.

I also am open to any website feedback. The site is very simple. (livestressfreeclub.com)
Thank you for your help and support!

vangogh
02-22-2015, 11:11 AM
What have you tried so far? You mentioned just launching. How long have you been in business. You either have to spend time or money to reach people. If you're a new business you haven't been in business long enough to have spent the time. Join different communities online and get to know people. Join communities made of people likely to buy what you're selling.

As far as your site is concerned I don't see any reason to specifically choose you. You can get the same products you offer in many places. Why should someone choose you? You aren't going to sell just because "who doesn't love being stress free?" You need a reason why someone should choose you over your competition.

JC
02-22-2015, 12:44 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just launched a new business, a monthly subscription club base on being stress free, because honestly- who doesn't love being stress free?

I am looking for some advice on some low cost/no cost ways to get the word out beyond my network.

I also am open to any website feedback. The site is very simple. (livestressfreeclub.com)

Hi there, welcome to the forum! Just a little friendly feedback, I thought the video was a little too dramatic. I would consider shortening it to show exactly what it does with a voice over describing how it relieves stress accompanied by a more traditional soothing music that could appeal to a broader range of age groups (esp. middle age and up), like a popular classical tune...maybe something from Vivaldi's Four Seasons or a Mozart or Bach piece. Good luck!

Alex - Arvixe
02-22-2015, 08:56 PM
Good luck with your new business. Honestly, I was not a fan of the social popup widget that asked me to signup. I hadn't had a chance to look at your website and see what you're offering before it told me to signup (In other words, it told me to signup before I was made interested).

CCAdamson
02-23-2015, 01:49 PM
I personally didn't care for the video. 1:47 of a bath thing making colors and bubbles. Not saying the product isn't good just too long of a video. The music though was awful. The video would be better served if it were a montage of people (G-Rated) using the products.

Also the web site doesn't tell me much about the products. Are the all natural, organic, from China? Are they local? Did Farmer Jim supply this? Did the Amish make the products? What benefit to my stress does each product give me? How does it come packaged? Is it a nice basket I get each month or a plain box? Who started the company, what's the back story? Why did they start it?

Those are the kind of things I look for when I visit sites like yours. I like the concept and think you're probably on to something there, it works well in other industries, but I need to see more "stuff" before I would consider membership.

Harold Mansfield
02-23-2015, 02:01 PM
Honestly, I think your entire marketing approach misses the boat. You're selling bath and shower products, which should be a decent market...but you're marketing it like a personal growth seminar. Had you not posted a link I would never in a million years make the assumption that this is what this was. And neither will anyone else.

Hi Everyone,

Not one word about what you're actually selling.

This should be easy branding. A decent name, some big HD images of the product and people relaxing, soothing colors, relaxing music, "romantic" copy, you could totally re-edit that video with a different sound track and get a COMPLETELY different feel that actually sells the product. Right now it comes off like a science experiment.

You're not doing any of that. Your presentation is in direct conflict with actually selling this type of product. It's like you went out of your way NOT to sell it like that.

So it's hard to answer about what other kinds of promotion methods you can use, because I just don't see anything working until you rebrand, and create a presentation that makes people want to pull their credit cards out immediately. My recommendation would be to stop all promotion efforts and don't spend a dime until you correct your presentation.

JMO of course. I hope I'm not coming off as harsh, but you can do this soooooo much better.

Live Stress Free Club
02-23-2015, 05:56 PM
Thank you guys for your great tips and input about the website.

canirank_mel
08-26-2015, 04:28 PM
Nice overall layout; i agree with others though that there is not enough content on the website telling me what it is all about. You need more info otherwise your site will have a bad bounce rate. I also was not a fan of the pop-up opt-in window.

CometoLifeCreatives
11-30-2015, 05:06 PM
I'd love to see the magenta and yellow of your logo incorporated into the website more. The logo doesn't seem to totally fit with the page yet (or vice versa).

Come to Life Creatives