PDA

View Full Version : Spring, Seasonal Businesses

Kreater
02-20-2015, 04:23 PM
Spring is here!

My business is very seasonal since my town is a popular tourist destination in Summer with fair & sunny weather. So it's very nice coming out of the bad, gloomy, depressing weather and looking forward to paying all my bills. The cash starts flowing in the warmer time of year!

(Plus the women start taking their clothes off in public!)

:cool:

vangogh
02-20-2015, 07:44 PM
You forgot a couple. My birthday is in the spring and I'm a huge baseball fan so spring fills me hope each year. I don't have any problem with the taking off their clothes thing either. :)

My business on the other hand doesn't care. It's not seasonal.

SouthernVelvetCafe
02-20-2015, 09:14 PM
We are getting an ice storm here in Missouri tonight. What is this spring of which you speak?
I haven't shaved my legs in two weeks. That is how little clothing I am taking off lately.

Freelancier
02-21-2015, 09:26 AM
Anyone east of the Rockies has no idea what you're talking about :)

My businesses also don't follow the seasons in this way either. But I do wish the sun would come back out for more than a few hours at a time just because I'm sick of it always being gray outside my window.

Fulcrum
02-21-2015, 01:53 PM
I'm busier in the winter than in the summer. Especially these last 2 winters with the extended deep freeze.

As to the weather, it's only 5ish degrees below freezing and I'm thinking of pulling out the beach chairs and enjoying the balmy weather.

JC
02-21-2015, 02:43 PM
We are getting an ice storm here in Missouri tonight. What is this spring of which you speak?
I haven't shaved my legs in two weeks. That is how little clothing I am taking off lately.

Dang, that is cold lol! Yeah, it's been below zero on several occasions over the past two weeks here in Michigan.

billbenson
02-21-2015, 02:43 PM
70 out today. We've had a pretty cold spell for Florida for a few weeks so that's nice. It's been in the 50's rainy at times and blustery winds. Down to freezing in parts at night for a while now. Ironically, this is our tourist season here. Retirees with second homes, Canadians in speedos at the beach (locals just shake their heads at that one), a lot of traffic and restaurants jammed.

Ironically Thanksgiving through January is my slow season. I sell equipment for major projects like dams and other heavy construction. They try to slow those projects down until it warms up. This week was real slow, I think because of the weather on the East Coast.

March and April is our spring. Some time in May somebody throws a switch and it becomes hot and muggy until the middle of October. Then we get two months of fall. December, January and February can be cold but there are usually some nice days thrown in every once in a while.