PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Website

artanis50
02-19-2015, 10:38 AM
Hi everyone,

We recently launched our website: Wicked Biscuit - Home (http://www.wicked-biscuit.com), and I'm looking for some feedback on what we've got so far. I decided to use Weebly to design my site and host my store - Mostly because I'm just not savvy enough to build my own from scratch and after a decent amount of research on these types of tools, Weebly seemed like a good option. I've found it's missing some good features, but I think we did a decent enough job to start off. I'm looking for constructive criticism on what we could do better, and what you think works well.

I'm getting a decent amount of traffic to my site - mostly from direct visits, but a few referrals through Facebook and other sites. However, we've only made 1 sale so far (from a friend). So any advice you have on how to increase sales as well is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

--
M

0maha
02-19-2015, 12:19 PM
When I go to your home page, its not immediately obvious what you do.

I see a poll asking me about flavors, but I don't understand how that is relevant to my experience.

When I click on "shop", I see some stuff about dog biscuits (which makes sense, given the name) and dog collars and leashes, but nothing that tells me why your stuff is better than anyone else's.

Then I go back to the home page, and I see an offer for free shipping (which is nice, but I don't know what I'm getting for free), and then I scroll down a bit and see a dog collar and some stuff about custom orders.

After I click several times and get to the description of one of the biscuits, I (only then) start getting some content that tells me why these dog biscuits are special.

Add that all up, and it just seems to lack focus.

My $0.02: Get rid of anything not directly related to "wicked biscuits". Selling collars and leashes is confusing. Start with a single category (biscuits) and build a base there.

Focus your home page on telling the story about why your biscuits are better. "Lovingly hand crafted in small batches" or whatever your story is. Let me know why I should buy from you rather than throwing a box of Milk-Bones in my cart at the store.

Sharpen up your design. I'm a big believer in high-quality photos: Smiling, happy people. Happy, healthy dogs. Beautiful product photography.

Couple of other things: When I go to a product page, I'm offered 3oz or 10oz sizes. I don't know what that means. Telling me how many biscuits I would get would be better. Showing me a photo of the packages, side by side, would be better still, particularly if there was something in the photo that gave me a sense of scale. Also, I am offered 2" and 3" biscuit sizes. Again, I don't know what that means. Telling me how to size my biscuits based on my size of dog would be better. Oh, and a nit: your third photo on the "cheesy apple biscotti bites" is sideways.

My advice is to focus on the biscuits, tell me why your biscuits are awesome, give me lots of good photos of your awesome biscuits and happy customers with their dogs.

ps: One other thought...a "sample pack", available for cheap or even free, would be a nice thing to offer.

pps: I wonder if a subscription-based model (think dollar shave club) would work here.

artanis50
02-19-2015, 12:22 PM
Thank you so much! Very helpful feedback, and greatly appreciated. I'll work on some of these changes.