PDA

View Full Version : Backlinks.

IrekJanek
02-13-2015, 12:19 AM
Anybody bought backlinks? Did it work? Price? Source?

Thanks for sharing.

Harold Mansfield
02-13-2015, 07:40 AM
Never have. Never will. And don't recommend it. Just advertise.

GregB
02-13-2015, 09:35 AM
Google is very against this. I'm not sure if they always know, but they must have some sites figured out. They may even penalize. I'd suggest skipping that unless the site you're choosing really helps drive relevant traffic to your website.

Brian Altenhofel
02-13-2015, 04:24 PM
You don't have to buy links (http://moz.com/blog/my-customers-wont-amplify-my-content-whiteboard-friday).

IrekJanek
02-13-2015, 11:15 PM
You don't have to buy links (http://moz.com/blog/my-customers-wont-amplify-my-content-whiteboard-friday).

I never did and I don't intend to, I'm just trying to do a research if you will, to see if that ever worked for anyone or if it had a negative effect on their sites.

checkmate
02-19-2015, 10:25 AM
The new SEO is becoming more and more content driven. Create great content that gets shared around the web and you will naturally get links. This is what Google is aiming for - links that come naturally due to the quality of the source.

Create epic blog posts (2000+ words), curate useful lists of resources, write how to and top 10 posts...

Be sure you actually promote your content though, send it to friends or business contacts, share it with your social media followers, etc. You need to bring attention to it so that it can get spread around.

DigiWizi
02-23-2015, 02:29 PM
Checkmate has some right ideas, SEO is becoming more and more content-centric and less about technicalities or pagerank related signals. Remember Google alone has over 200 ranking signals and pagerank factors such as linkbuilding only account for one. Sure it is a major one but it certainly isn't the end-all-be-all. These days Google executives such as John Mueller are suggesting that you no longer attempt to build links, this is because when you attempt to build a link, you are trying to fool the algorithm in your favor.

But SEO is about fooling the algorithms right?
Of course it is, every marketing vertical has a form of optimization that can be practiced and no matter what happens, SEO can never die because there will always be some way to modify your online brand to appear higher up in search and get the bulk of traffic from those queries. SEO professionals will also be necessary so long as it is possible to optimize these things and the very best will live/breathe search marketing while being almost as rare as a four leafed clover in a sea of fake, wanna-be SEO pros that do more harm than good. This is mainly because most of them have no idea what they are doing and spend a tiny amount of time in the front lines comparatively.

So what should I do?
It depends on your niche but you will want to find some way to create the best user experience, innovate and produce top quality content. Once you have done this, share the information and see if you can get it passed along by your followers on social media. The internet is interconnected so always make sure to take the extra time and share, share, share.

Don't buy links, Google has billions of dollars and the smartest people on Earth working there so you can't fool them.

raveekumar
02-28-2015, 09:38 AM
There is no necessity to buy, on a long run, it is risky. Let me explain you the logic, any linking network can not be of value, because they aim to sell links. Today Google is more particular about engagement in your content pages with various signals, like social sharing, commenting, rating, Or anything that the content page is able to engage people is quality. They have nothing to do with link selling tactics. You will find lots of Web 2.0 sites which helps you get links, as a resource to the content and value. So buying links might even hurt your SERP.

nobevo
03-09-2015, 06:52 AM
I think Google knows any form of paid backlinks now. Doesn't mean that they ignore/penalize all forms of paid backlinks, but they might in the future, so I wouldn't recommend to buy backlinks.

Douglas F. Farrell
03-13-2015, 10:15 AM
Actually, the answer to this tricky question depends on the niche you're in.

krymson
03-13-2015, 12:16 PM
Its better to have GOOD, RELEVANT, SHAREABLE content and receive backlinks that way, than buying non relevant backlinks to your site. If your site is about animal grooming and you have random backlinks from gold mining or floral arrangment sites, Google is going to look at that and penalize you for it. Do the work or hire someone to do the work for you, but don't try to use a shortcut to get links. Do it the right way the first time... EVERYTIME

CutStreamWebDesign
03-15-2015, 06:07 AM
I, along with everyone else here, don't recommend anything on the black hat side of the ledger including paid links and the truth is that even if people here do utilize black hat techniques (including link buying) they aren't going to be forthcoming about it.

Having said that, if you're interested in researching the topic (if only to convince yourself it's not worth it), I suggest googling "black hat" SEO and spending a little time reading dedicated forums. You can find empirical evidence, how to's and paid link product/service reviews but the conventional wisdom clearly points to the fact that while you MAY generate quick returns from paid links, over time you're very likely to hurt/seriously impair your site's SEO standing by engaging in black hat techniques.

Kumar Palani
03-19-2015, 09:38 AM
To my knowledge buying backlinks is not worth the effort. Besides Google naturally hates such links, and you could be penalized for paid links. Finally its not that hard to build ethical links naturally, you can also win links by developing some rare contents.

stevepalladous
03-29-2015, 08:54 AM
As I will cover a little in my free webinar on Tuesday, even small businesses without a lot of content or content budget can build resources and guides that will be easy to promote and get links to. In most cases this will be better than buying links as agencies that provide 'safe' (ie really subtle, well hidden) paid links are expensive, and the cheap ones are easy to spot algorithmically by Google and therefore eventually penalise your business for.

The key is to brainstorm around related topics that are of interest to your target audience but also to some other types of common related site. For example if you run a site about running, jogging and training etc, you could make a resource that appeals to pet owner's/dog blogs etc by building a guide to training and running with your pet. Get some free contributions from pet health and human health experts (in exchange for mentioning their book or whatever) and you'll have a guide up in no time that those sites will happily link to and share with their audience - the beauty is that you get links but you also get exposure in new markets/audiences where they may be genuinely interested in your site.

MinnieWMason
03-30-2015, 09:58 AM
It depends on the quality of backlinks you are buying. It makes no sense to use the backlinks which are huge in number, but not of good quality.
If you wanna buy backlinks then go for quality work, but you should focus on the techniques and the time used to create that backlinks. Try to get drip feed backlinks creation work with white hat SEO techniques.
If you follow the proper techniques and keep an eye on their quality then no doubt your backlinks are going to work.

Goldnote
07-13-2015, 11:32 PM
Yes I buy links and it works wonders(contextual are the best). If your not buying links then you're either in a very small uncompetitive niche or have taken forever to rank or your site rankings suck.

If done right G doesn't know which links are paid for or not. What's the difference if I get a link from website123.com for free or for $20? None, the same link/content/quality of content would be posted whether I pay or not.

G wants people to believe this is bad because buying links WORK, or they wouldn't care. The more people they can keep from buying links the easier their job is.

It is true that quality content matters, the more words the better. On-page SEO is just as important.
I believe in Quality content for everything, Business/money site, backlinks, etc
The days of useless spun garbage content needs to stop.

Kumar Palani
07-14-2015, 08:07 AM
Never, to me buying links is more or less like paying someone to speak good about me in a party or a meeting, I don't consider it worth the effort..!

Goldnote
07-27-2015, 01:03 AM
Anybody bought backlinks? Did it work? Price? Source?

Thanks for sharing.

Depending on your niche/competition/current SEO you may not even have to buy links(at least yet).
When getting backlinks the quality matters over quantity. You ONLY want Authority backlinks, this will help your own site's Authority. You want the least amount of backlinks as possible ex. 200 authority links vs 10,000 crappy no authority backlinks.

Authority backlinks are from sites like the following:
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Reddit
CNN
New York Times
Google+
Yelp
Web2.0's-wordpress/blogger/weebly
EDU
GOV
Parasite pages
PBN
Add social signals as well

You also need to diversify the anchor texts used when backlinking. ex. Brand/URL/Generic/Keyword
Don't build all your links in a short time period, spread them out over weeks/months
Don't build links only to your Home page/build some for every inner page too.

After building some good authority links see where you're ranking. You may not need to buy any links.

carloborja
07-28-2015, 04:09 AM
If you mean buying backlinks in bulk from some shady SEO guy who can provide you 100 backlinks in 1 month (or something like that)...
NO. Never... and I am with the same opinion as the others here.

But, sponsored posts, giveaways and tying up with authority sites (which could mean shedding some money),
then YES.

The latter could mean backlinks too. But, you're not buying them for the 'quantity.' You're paying for something of value.

canirank_mel
08-03-2015, 07:56 PM
I wouldn't do this. It can become spammy really fast and you could get some mean penalties for doing so.

longnhvietnam
08-03-2015, 10:38 PM
I don't think buying backlinks is a good idea. Google and other search engines now can detect which backlinks is good, which is low quality. Actually, you can buy, but you have to have an excellent content to post in reputable websites.

Alexcook
09-09-2015, 07:57 AM
Checkmate has some right ideas, SEO is becoming more and more content-centric and less about technicalities or pagerank related signals. Remember Google alone has over 200 ranking signals and pagerank factors such as linkbuilding only account for one. Sure it is a major one but it certainly isn't the end-all-be-all. These days Google executives such as John Mueller are suggesting that you no longer attempt to build links, this is because when you attempt to build a link, you are trying to fool the algorithm in your favor.

Of course it is, every marketing vertical has a form of optimization that can be practiced and no matter what happens, SEO can never die because there will always be some way to modify your online brand to appear higher up in search and get the bulk of traffic from those queries. SEO professionals will also be necessary so long as it is possible to optimize these things and the very best will live/breathe search marketing while being almost as rare as a four leafed clover in a sea of fake, wanna-be SEO pros that do more harm than good. This is mainly because most of them have no idea what they are doing and spend a tiny amount of time in the front lines comparatively.

So what should I do?
It depends on your niche but you will want to find some way to create the best user experience, innovate and produce top quality content. Once you have done this, share the information and see if you can get it passed along by your followers on social media. The internet is interconnected so always make sure to take the extra time and share, share, share.

Don't buy links, Google has billions of dollars and the smartest people on Earth working there so you can't fool them.

Mr DigiWizi I totally agree with what you have stated above. First Question should be of what is SEO is it technical or is it more of marketing. Who should consider it as a carer. IMO there is huge difference between optimization & promotion.

A regular SEO guy should take care of all the technicalities involved in doing optimisation. Where as a good content writer or blogger should take care of promotion & brand build up.

As I know the world is not an ideal place to live, so its obvious that you might not get the chance to understand on which side of coin you are.

Harold Mansfield
09-09-2015, 12:24 PM
SEO isn't about fooling algorithms. SEO is part of marketing, and marketing is an essential part of business. You can't fake being the best. Either you are or you aren't.
Spend more time actually creating worthwhile content and being the best, and less time trying to fool algorithms into thinking that you are.

dewalds86
09-14-2015, 06:51 AM

So what should I do?

I agree dont buy back links. I have seen websites with zero back links do well on the serps just because they have awesome on page seo, great content and fully responsive designs. Getting organic traffic is actually very easy. Ranking well is also quite easy if you do good keyword research. Converting visitors to customers is the tricky part.

dewalds86
09-14-2015, 07:00 AM
SEO isn't about fooling algorithms. SEO is part of marketing, and marketing is an essential part of business. You can't fake being the best. Either you are or you aren't.
Spend more time actually creating worthwhile content and being the best, and less time trying to fool algorithms into thinking that you are.

I agree fully. SEO is also about branding a business and making a website search engine friendly.

If for example you have a blog and you create new posts regularly, you need seo to make the meta titles look great and inspire action.

Writing good meta titles is not just about ranking for a certain keyword but also writing a awesome title that will lead visitors to click on your link.

webcrest
09-14-2015, 09:14 AM
paid back links work sometimes. I never used it personally but until Google does not know, you can buy links. Many companies sell the back links but actual factor is not back links page rank or quality of sites. If you do not chose keyword carefully for the back link, it would be useless to pay money for them. Do not buy if someone is offering you forums or blog comments back links.

kb24
09-20-2015, 08:01 PM
No never have bought backlinks. Google doesn't really value backlinks like it used to. Its more about content and social engagement now.

janefirst
10-07-2015, 08:04 AM
I have never bought back links as they may be not from relevant sites or blogs. Buying back links is not a white hat technique. I believe in making manual back links.