PDA

View Full Version : Short Survey about Small Business Websites

amythecoder
02-08-2015, 02:17 PM
I am considering starting a small business that offers web development services. In the process, I'm researching how small businesses manage their websites, what challenges they face and what they're looking for in a website.

Would you be willing to take a short survey to help me in my research? It has 9 questions and is completely anonymous.

The survey is available here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KGQSLJT

Thank you for your assistance!

vangogh
02-09-2015, 11:31 AM
Welcome to the forum Amy. I didn't fill out your survey, because I'm also a web designer and developer and I don't think my responses would have been helpful.

I have a suggestion. It looks like you're getting started and trying to decide what kind of services to offer, how much to charge, etc. I'm guessing you'll get more valuable information by posting questions here. There are quite a few people here who have been in the same place you are now and what we would say in response to a question will probably help you more than some anonymous data points.

Harold Mansfield
02-09-2015, 12:38 PM
I totally agree. Probably more web designers and do it yourselfers here that can help directly with specific questions than a general questionnaire.

J from Michigan
02-15-2015, 07:19 PM
I started to take the survey, and will finish when I see a response from you.
('hit & run' single forum posts turn me off)

I'd suggest that if you are going to use written answer boxes you re-phrase the questions to get a better answer to what you are looking for.
"Are you happy with your site? Why/why not?"

I'd rather answer "what improvements or changes would you like to make?"
Or "What would you add that you are unable to add yourself (or your designer hasn't been able to add?)"
- point being, there are some things that I'd like done that I'm just not capable of doing.

Also, when you ask how much we spent... you could include "how much TIME have you spent."

J from Michigan
03-18-2015, 08:55 PM
I started to take the survey, and will finish when I see a response from you.
('hit & run' single forum posts turn me off)

Yep. That's pretty much what I figured...:rolleyes: