PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in programming? Great way to start!

GregMaximus
02-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Hello everyone! I am one of the newest members to the forum, I wanted to share with you all a website that I found, very handy tool to learn coding and different aspects of development. I'm 17 and I will be going to the college in the fall for programming. This website is 100% free and it goes in-depth with different tutorials and such. If you want to learn HTML, Java, Ruby and other languages to kickstart your understanding of programming.

Learn to code | Codecademy (http://www.codecademy.com/)

The nice part is that all of the lessons are free! and it actually teaches you how to work with the languages and figure things out, I really recommend it! If someone beat me to posting Codecademy I am sorry XD

Thank you again for reading my post, I will try to be as active as I can, and hopefully I can meet others with some knowledge as It would be great to work together to make some websites/programs. Feel free to add me on the site if you'd like as my username is; GregMaximus

Let me know what you guys think!

vangogh
02-05-2015, 11:57 PM
I usually hear good things about Codeacademy. I think I took one of their first lessons on Javascript, but I don't think I got too far. It was mostly information I already knew,but I could see how it was good for someone new to the language. It's a good place to learn.

Which lessons have you gone through? Did you find some better than others.

LesslieStrong
02-07-2015, 11:36 AM
There is also Code School - https://www.codeschool.com/

Douglas F. Farrell
02-10-2015, 06:37 AM
I usually hear good things about Codeacademy. I think I took one of their first lessons on Javascript, but I don't think I got too far. It was mostly information I already knew,but I could see how it was good for someone new to the language. It's a good place to learn.

Yeah, I started with Code Academy as well, and I think they provide a great overview of the technology (be it CSS or PHP or whatever). But they cover only basics so if you want to continue developing then you need to get deeper.