PDA

View Full Version : Should I shut down my Facebook page for now?

JC
02-04-2015, 06:58 PM
I have a very small business and a Facebook page with only 20 likes. Do you think I should ditch the page until my business becomes bigger and I'm attracting more traffic and inviting more "likes"? I ask because I wonder if potential customers will look at it and assume that we're not well liked, even though we actually get wonderful compliments and good tips. And I do have a website already. What do you think?

carloborja
02-05-2015, 04:35 AM
Copyblogger did the same.

Read more about why they shut down their Facebook page here:
Why Copyblogger Is Killing Its Facebook Page - Copyblogger (http://www.copyblogger.com/bye-facebook/)

Basically, they focused on other channels where their communities live (Twitter, Google+). There is no point focusing on a channel that doesn't give you results.

Freelancier
02-05-2015, 07:18 AM
I think you have to figure out who your customer is and where they'll look for someone like you. Focus on those channels first. Then -- if your customers would want that type of interaction -- focus on social media to engage them between transactions.

Harold Mansfield
02-05-2015, 10:31 AM
I have a very small business and a Facebook page with only 20 likes. Do you think I should ditch the page until my business becomes bigger and I'm attracting more traffic and inviting more "likes"? I ask because I wonder if potential customers will look at it and assume that we're not well liked, even though we actually get wonderful compliments and good tips. And I do have a website already. What do you think?

I wouldn't shut it down for those reasons. If you think you will want to eventually focus more time on it, I'd leave it up and keep posting fresh updates to it a couple times a week until you get strategy. No since in starting from scratch.

If you just don't like Facebook and don't see that it benefits your marketing strategy in anyway, then kill it. There's no rule that says you have to have a profile everywhere. Use what's best for you.

JC
02-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Thanks guys! I think I'll leave it up for now. I just thought that having only a handful of "likes" may do my image more harm than good, but I probably shouldn't worry about that being such a small business right now.

evotech-performance
02-06-2015, 06:08 AM
Why not build a Facebook ad campaign aimed at increasing likes? You can get your likes up very quickly with a small budget.

JC
02-06-2015, 06:49 PM
Why not build a Facebook ad campaign aimed at increasing likes? You can get your likes up very quickly with a small budget.

Thanks for your advice! I always wanted to get likes solely by customer satisfaction, it seems more honest that way. I feel like I'm paying for them with an ad campaign.

Harold Mansfield
02-06-2015, 07:37 PM
Thanks for your advice! I always wanted to get likes solely by customer satisfaction, it seems more honest that way. I feel like I'm paying for them with an ad campaign.
Yes you are paying for them, but you're also targeting your market and exposing your business to people who haven't heard of you. A Facebook "Like" is not a stamp of approval, it just means that people want to follow what you have to say. If you want customer satisfaction you need to build up your reviews. It is not the same thing.

JC
02-06-2015, 08:00 PM
Yes you are paying for them, but you're also targeting your market and exposing your business to people who haven't heard of you. A Facebook "Like" is not a stamp of approval, it just means that people want to follow what you have to say. If you want customer satisfaction you need to build up your reviews. It is not the same thing.

Thanks, I didn't look at it that way. Would you recommend an ad campaign on Facebook for a small landscaper working about a 50 mile radius around Metro Detroit?

tallen
02-07-2015, 06:35 AM
Thanks, I didn't look at it that way. Would you recommend an ad campaign on Facebook for a small landscaper working about a 50 mile radius around Metro Detroit?

Facebook could be very good for that because of its ability to target the ads to a very specific audience. For example, you don't want the ad to be shown to just anyone in the detroit metro aarea, but rather (for example) male homeowners over the age of 50 who really like football (and thus would rather be inside watching the game rather than out raking the leaves). It is probably worth exploring, and you can get started with very little investment.

JC
02-07-2015, 08:19 AM
Facebook could be very good for that because of its ability to target the ads to a very specific audience. For example, you don't want the ad to be shown to just anyone in the detroit metro aarea, but rather (for example) male homeowners over the age of 50 who really like football (and thus would rather be inside watching the game rather than out raking the leaves). It is probably worth exploring, and you can get started with very little investment.

Wow, I didn't know I could target people like that. Thanks, I'll check it out!

krymson
04-22-2015, 09:15 AM
Wish your business will become bigger and bigger.

Don't we all, positive reinforcement... I like it

OakTech Virtual Assistant
05-12-2015, 08:35 PM
I would like to hear an update. Everyone offers good suggestion.

I am boosting my Facebook page recently. I didn't pay much attention before and I only had 10+ likes. Now I am using post boost. And I am getting around 5 more likes everyday. My budget is just $1 per day. Most of my new likes actually from my engagement in group discussion. Therefore, you may don't need to pay for the campaign. And just join the related groups and engage more there.

WPCarer
08-26-2015, 09:38 AM
Personally, I agree with those advising you to start actively growing your Facebook presence/following! Maybe a competition requiring people to like/share in order to win a month of free landscaping or something similar?

Iseult

Ryan26
08-26-2015, 01:59 PM
What I'm usually doing.

Decide where is my potential customer. After that I focus exact social media. If I don't feel that twitter will give me anything in the start I skip it and spend time on Facebook or other platforms.

I would not kill it, cause you need to get likes/followers somehow. It's always better to have it in the start. Just keep it updating.

JC
08-28-2015, 03:51 PM
I would like to hear an update. Everyone offers good suggestion.

I am boosting my Facebook page recently. I didn't pay much attention before and I only had 10+ likes. Now I am using post boost. And I am getting around 5 more likes everyday. My budget is just $1 per day. Most of my new likes actually from my engagement in group discussion. Therefore, you may don't need to pay for the campaign. And just join the related groups and engage more there.

I advertised through FB twice this year for $5/day and was getting around 10 new "likes" per day, but it wasn't hitting the target audience I requested and I got no new work from it.

MikeSweeney
08-30-2015, 12:58 PM
Keep posting to your Page. I would post picture and videos when possible. Just relate to people you're trying to target. You can then do small facebook ads to those posts. Keep a close watch on your ads. Tweak one thing at a time. Setup a new ad for that change. Keep doing it until you narrow down an ad that works best for you.

Mike

janefirst
09-11-2015, 07:33 AM
Do not rely on facebook likes for your business success. You must post there your products, location, and benefits of your products or services and share in among different friends, colleagues, and followers. This will help you getting traffic to your site and promoting your business deals.

fullflavor
09-13-2015, 04:14 PM
Here are a few ways to increase likes to your page.
1.Contest
2.Use coupons
3. Add a “Like” button or box to your blog
4.Invest in videos

99social
10-14-2015, 10:25 PM

Excellent advice above.

Facebook ads can really gather likes for you quickly and you can set your budget as low as $1/day. Create an attractive graphic to use and try out a Facebook ad for a week. The worst you're out is $7. I am sure you will gain likes there, though. Boosting one post on a FB page that I made yesterday gained it over 200 likes within a day and extended our post reach to over 12,000 people. Now while that is for a different niche, I still set my budget for the post incredibly low and believe that I got my investment back and then some. Once you have that initial fan base, make sure you're sharing high-quality content on a regular basis - something that they are likely to share - and then you'll have more of a chance for them to share it with their friends, etc.

I hope this helps!