PDA

View Full Version : small project

ahmedykh
02-03-2015, 08:39 AM
hello all..

i have about 20 acres about 10 min from the city,and i want to start a medium project,and the Profit is guaranteed...its just i dont have the enaugh budget..what should i do?please help?

CCAdamson
02-03-2015, 08:44 AM
Very little information there. How much capital do you need? What do you need for this project? What is your definition of a "medium project"?

ahmedykh
02-03-2015, 08:50 AM
sorry..around 200.000$ i think..for a medium water park..actually the cost might be less then that..

CCAdamson
02-03-2015, 09:08 AM
Admirable idea. Is that something your area needs? Do you live in an area where you have at least a reasonably long and warm summer? I think your evaluation for cost to start is actually too low but I may be wrong.

You said "profit is guaranteed" what makes you so sure of that?

David Hunter
02-03-2015, 09:44 AM
I've seen water parks come and go. Though, I also live in Ohio so we don't have the longest summers.

Harold Mansfield
02-03-2015, 01:00 PM
I've seen water parks come and go. Though, I also live in Ohio so we don't have the longest summers.

Same here. I live in the desert and we only had one till recently. Now that is gone and there are 2 others. I'm not sure I'd be so confident to call anything "Profit guaranteed". It may be a good idea, but profit is not guaranteed on anything. You could easily run it into the ground, run out of money for operations and maintenance, get hit with new water restrictions or get competition.

I honestly don't see how $200k is enough for the initial licenses, insurance, construction, upkeep and maintenance and staffing. I think you should do some actual numbers.

Brian Altenhofel
02-03-2015, 01:23 PM
I honestly don't see how $200k is enough for the initial licenses, insurance, construction, upkeep and maintenance and staffing. I think you should so some actual numbers.

Knowing what went into some around here, especially the local indoor park, I agree.

Also, 20 acres isn't a lot for any sort of amusement park once you start trying to develop it.

Freelancier
02-03-2015, 02:16 PM
I'm not even sure what country we're talking about where you can create a water park for $200K. A new McDonalds is $250K here in the USA and those aren't nearly as much fun.

ahmedykh
02-03-2015, 02:42 PM
Admirable idea. Is that something your area needs? Do you live in an area where you have at least a reasonably long and warm summer? I think your evaluation for cost to start is actually too low but I may be wrong.

You said "profit is guaranteed" what makes you so sure of that?

thx..i live in iraq in the south..and the temp smtimes reaches to 47_50..and there is no water parks in the city only one lonely pool(i guess u heard about iraq frm news) so that i said (guaranteed)...

ahmedykh
02-03-2015, 02:51 PM
dear harold..
actually i hv more than 80 acres..but i dont want to build a huge park..i decided to use only 20 acers according to the budget..and if i didnt got the enough money maybe i ll change the area to the half..and then step by step...+the location is in vry hot city and beside a river and vry close to the city...

ahmedykh
02-03-2015, 02:56 PM
thx freelancier..i live in iraq in the south..and the temp smtimes reaches to 47_50 and the summer about 8 months in the year...and there is no water parks in the city only one lonely pool so that is said guaranteed..

Harold Mansfield
02-03-2015, 03:40 PM
thx..i live in iraq in the south..and the temp smtimes reaches to 47_50..and there is no water parks in the city only one lonely pool(i guess u heard about iraq frm news) so that i said (guaranteed)...

I can't speak for everyone but I'm out of my element completely. I don't know anything about opening a business in Iraq. I imagine $200k may go a long way there, I don't know. All I can say is it sounds like a good idea, but unfortunately I can't offer any additional advice for your specific situation.

ahmedykh
02-03-2015, 03:47 PM
I can't speak for everyone but I'm out of my element completely. I don't know anything about opening a business in Iraq. I imagine $200k may go a long way there, I don't know. All I can say is it sounds like a good idea, but unfortunately I can't offer any additional advice for your specific situation.

i know its like a risk for u guys and u have all the rights for that but i came here to take advices and help so u kindda helped me ...thank u so much harold for ur opinion

David Hunter
02-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Have you talked to people around your city to see what they think of a water park in their area?

Is the city pool always packed?

Just be sure there's a market for it... and lean not on your own understanding. Do the research.

ahmedykh
02-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Have you talked to people around your city to see what they think of a water park in their area?

Is the city pool always packed?

Just be sure there's a market for it... and lean not on your own understanding. Do the research.
thx..i ll do ur advice

JR Strack
02-06-2015, 09:18 PM
Ahmedykh if you are close to Basra I can see you having the local populous. Also for those who have not been near that region we are looking at temperatures in the summer that run from 75 F at 5 AM to 140 F at 1PM. The idea is a solid one, however please be sure you are not using the standard cement that I have seen throught the majority of your county. You would need to look to reinforce with steel rebar, and not use straight concrete.

How eloaborate do you intend to make this water park? Are you looking at slides and similar attractions, or are you looking more towards pools and wading areas?

as-salam alaykum habibi