PDA

View Full Version : Top Social Networks for Marketing Your business...

automationhero
01-26-2015, 04:50 PM
What have you found to be the best social network to use when marketing your business?

Share with us the social network + what kind of business you're in since different industries seem to flourish on different social networks :)

Brian Altenhofel
01-26-2015, 05:57 PM
For me (web development and specialized web hosting), LinkedIn and IRC (Internet Relay Chat), followed by Twitter. Facebook is negligible, though occasionally a good lead will come through there.

KristineS
01-27-2015, 01:40 PM
Glad you added that last part - as what social network works best will differ by market and business.

For us, Facebook and Pinterest have been the big ones. We service the garment decoration industry, and Pinterest is a huge tool for those companies.

FirstPortMarketing
01-27-2015, 02:00 PM
Good question!

Twitter works the best for us since it's easiest for us to get our content out there in front of strangers. Facebook is so-so. Our industry is digital marketing.

pamelajacob
02-02-2015, 04:53 PM
I use Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Pinterest.

They all are a little different. The most important thing is to have a blog you can feed into them. I am finding Google+ is a great networking tool, The secret to all social media is not pushing sells on line but networking with people who you know would be a great client or people who compliment your business - that means interaction with them. I have landed jobs on social media just by answering questions and networking. I am a Service provide (Website Development, Graphic Design, Consulting) ..

JC
02-02-2015, 07:45 PM
For me as a small landscaper/remodeler, it's been Craigslist, if you want to consider that social media. I rarely get traffic on my Facebook page and rarely hear of customers visiting my website, even though they all know I have them. The average age of my customers is around 60.

turboguy
06-15-2015, 07:12 AM
I think it not only matters about the kind of business you have but also how well we know how to utilize the individual sites. My business is manufacturing landscape equipment, primarily hydroseeders that spray on a new lawn (plant grass) and anti-icing sprayers that use liquids to deice roads and parking lots. The only social media that has been worthwhile for me is YouTube. One of my videos has had about 20,000+views in a year and all together they have had about 40,000 views. Facebook has shown a little promise. I keep adding content and have some good content and lately the likes have been coming much faster.

Perhaps if I knew more about utilizing Twitter and Linkdin they would be more effective. I haven't even logged into Twitter for months and see it nearly as just a site that sends me a lot of boring spam. Linkdin isn't much better. I get requests to connect with someone every day or two and have lots of connections but see no use for it.

I do think with Twitter and Linkdin it is just a case that I don't know how to use it effectivly

M.Ehrmantraut
06-15-2015, 11:39 AM
I have used yelp and various guitar forums that I already belonged to, mainly word of mouth though and having a few solid connections at some of the Guitar Centers around town are where I get most of my business.

CardSSmile
06-16-2015, 09:42 PM
I use the most a FB advertising. So far it works for me :)

Kumar Palani
06-17-2015, 06:42 AM
In most case Facebook will work, and there will always be some potential clients of yours in Facebook's huge list of users. Linkedin works perfectly if you are targeting professionals and even more so for careers related industries. While Twitter is better if you are trying to build audience and a brand image instead of selling, twitter rarely brings in leads.

busra.atema
07-14-2015, 08:23 AM
The easiest is Twitter. It gives you the fastest responses and you can see the effects in short time. But you also have to work on your Facebook page, because it still is one of the most used social media.

Douglas F. Farrell
07-22-2015, 06:32 AM
Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn - these are the ones most popular and where most people dwell.

99social
10-17-2015, 01:37 PM
I have been working with a developer of a new street art guide app and Facebook and Instagram have proven to be the most receptive platforms.

Ola Rybacka
01-15-2016, 06:48 AM
We try to be in all the most popular social networks, but our business is visible the most in Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter. I think Facebook is too common for our niche.

seanfalconer
04-12-2016, 07:25 PM
I've tried Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. I honestly haven't had much success with any of them.

Facebook by far has the most developed and easy to use ads platform. You can do really specific targeting, it does automatic A/B testing of your copy and graphics so you can figure out what ad works the best, but if you're in B2B, I don't think it's a great platform. I think it can definitely work for B2C. I had some success in the past with consumer app downloads, but for any business type stuff, it's been a major bust.

Twitter's ad platform is pretty sloppy in comparison to Facebooks. I did a head to head comparison between Twitter and Facebook for generating contacts on a blog post I wrote, neither performed particularly well, but Twitter was slightly better. I think for B2B, it's a better social network for advertising, but their tooling needs some work.

LinkedIn's ad platform looks like it was made by an intern as an after thought. Once you get past that, their targeting features are pretty good and you can get really specific when selling B2B-type stuff since LinkedIn knows where people work, what skills they have, industry they are in, etc. I didn't get a ton of clicks through their network. The views and clicks were so low, it was difficult to even evaluate if it was worth the spend.

I've been hearing some buzz around Snapchat if you are marketing to younger people. There's a bunch of brands using it now for coupons, promotions, live events and so forth. I came across this infographic explaining how to market with Snapchat (http://blog.proven.com/snapchat-marketing). Seems like it could be really good for consumer-based stuff. Pretty un-tapped as well.