PDA

View Full Version : Can I Get A Review Of My Ecommerce Website

truitt661
01-23-2015, 02:03 PM
I think it is now time for me to reach out and see where are my mistakes or how I can make my website better so that I can get sales and traffic.

The name of my website is called [Dude Undies](dudeundies.com) we are an new era underclothing company.

What are some suggestion for my website and how can i improve my site?

vangogh
01-24-2015, 11:38 AM
First, know that you'll probably get more reviews of your site if you first put in some time to get to know people and maybe help them out.

As for your site, I took a very brief look (pun intended). I didn't stay on the site long, but I can offer a few thoughts. I'm wondering who you see as your market. Given the nature of the site I'm guessing your market is men buying underwear. However, I never refer to myself as a dude and I can't think of a time I've ever referred to my underwear as my undies. The name of the site and business isn't appealing to me. If anything you've already lost me as a customers just because of your name. Even your own site doesn't refer to the product as undies. You use the word underwear on the site.

When I land on your site I'm greeted with sexy pictures of men in skimpy underwear. I don't know too many men who enjoy looking at sexy pictures of other men. Again if your market is men, I think your site is going to turn away most of your potential customers. I'm guessing most men don't need to see models wearing the underwear, but I know that's often how clothing is presented. However compare your images to those on say the UnderArmour site and see if you can notice the difference.

Admittedly I'm never going to be part of your market regardless of the site or name. I'm perfectly happy walking into Walmart of Target and buying whatever underwear they're selling in3-packs or 6-packs or whatever pack. Keep that in mind and feel free to ignore what I said above.

Still the first thing I would do for your business is decide who is your market. Right now you site doesn't strike me as appealing to the people likely to buy your product, assuming I am right about who you think is your market.

Harold Mansfield
01-24-2015, 11:56 AM
I have to agree with VG. The copy on your site and brand messaging needs work. "Dude Undies" is a bad name. Men don't call their under garments "Undies", and "Dude" is a really dated term that targets very young men. Not adults.

After that, it doesn't seem as if you've given the sales copy on your site much thought. From the very first impression, "Exclusive in designs, comfortable, and best quality" is a very poorly written sentence that gives the impression that English is not your first language and that you didn't get any help from anyone with it.

The opening image looks badly photoshopped which further hurts your perceived credibility and the combination of both the image and the opening statement would cause most people to back out.

Your reviews tab shows 3 reviews in a row from the same person. That makes them look obviously fake.

Other than those specifics, the copy and product descriptions on the entire site needs some serious overhauling. It's full of bad grammar, poor sentence structure and mistakes which gives it an overall amateurish feel.

Fulcrum
01-24-2015, 04:13 PM
My eyes!!!! My eyes!!!!! NSFW warning :o

I'm with the the two posters above me. Most men that I know really don't want to look at "European Style" underwear while being worn by men. However, if you were to target women looking to spice things up for their husbands you may have something.

truitt661
01-24-2015, 04:51 PM
Hi Vangogh,

Thank you for the reviewing over my website. My business purpose is to provide men underclothing which is more then just underwear. I haven't been able to find good wholesaler just yet.

My target is men buying underwear (Feminine Men).

I have been aware of the name needed to be changed and I am in the process of working on that as we speak I just want to take some times to make sure I pick out something that is worth it.

I did take a look at the website "UA" and I see the difference. I was using the images from distributors without doing any cropping but that is something I know I have to work on now and will take a lot of my time but I see the difference on other website as well.

truitt661
01-24-2015, 05:08 PM
I have to agree with VG. The copy on your site and brand messaging needs work. "Dude Undies" is a bad name. Men don't call their under garments "Undies", and "Dude" is a really dated term that targets very young men. Not adults.

After that, it doesn't seem as if you've given the sales copy on your site much thought. From the very first impression, "Exclusive in designs, comfortable, and best quality" is a very poorly written sentence that gives the impression that English is not your first language and that you didn't get any help from anyone with it.

The opening image looks badly photoshopped which further hurts your perceived credibility and the combination of both the image and the opening statement would cause most people to back out.

Your reviews tab shows 3 reviews in a row from the same person. That makes them look obviously fake.

Other than those specifics, the copy and product descriptions on the entire site needs some serious overhauling. It's full of bad grammar, poor sentence structure and mistakes which gives it an overall amateurish feel.

Thank you for the feedback. I did do everything on my own and haven't had the chance to get someone to do banners for me. This is something I will be working on as well. The name will be change soon hopefully once I am able to pick out something that is good enough.

I think I have a totally of 7 reviews on the website and most of them are from the guy who do buy the underwear that I sell so no they are not fake reviews. Everytime someone make a purchase I make sure that I send out a review request and most of the customer do not leave reviews. I also give a $5 credit for a review so his name will probably pop up more often.

I haven't been able to do product descriptions on my own. They are copy from the distributors website. I will head over to odesk or elance soon so I can get someone to write my product descriptions.

Harold Mansfield
01-24-2015, 05:33 PM
My target is men buying underwear (Feminine Men).

That changes everything. Living in a city with a LOT of entertainers, and having lived in S. Florida for some years I know EXACTLY who your target market is and the images are appropriate.
But yeah, still change the name and the other copy and design issues. Too bad Fruit of the Loom is taken :) (was that out of line?)