PDA

View Full Version : New Business Name

monique17
01-22-2015, 11:50 PM
Am thinking of starting a very small business for my monoprints, cards, pottery and possibly organic condiments. How does Green Tulip Arts sound?

JC
01-23-2015, 05:08 PM
Am thinking of starting a very small business for my monoprints, cards, pottery and possibly organic condiments. How does Green Tulip Arts sound?

I really like the sound of it, it's a unique name that denotes a rare (I'm assuming it's rare since I haven't heard of it) and beautiful object. You could probably easily come up with an attractive logo with that name as well.

charlieapple
01-25-2015, 12:17 PM
I like that name, inspires nice graphics/logo/theme too.

HowToForBusiness
01-26-2015, 08:33 PM
The logo and branding is something to think about. Would it include a green tulip on a green stem?

monkmoney
01-27-2015, 10:09 PM
Great name! I say go for it

David Hunter
01-28-2015, 11:20 AM

Has a nice ring to it! Is the domain available?

CCAdamson
01-28-2015, 04:13 PM
Sounds like it fits your work. I hope a domain is available for you.

carloborja
02-05-2015, 04:32 AM
Name sounds great!

By the sound of it, it feels fresh, refreshing and creative.

JR Strack
02-06-2015, 04:14 PM
Investigate your state to see if there is a business that is currently using that name. Also you should check with Go Daddy or another site registration / Hosting company to check the availability of your company name. Do you know what form of business model you will be uitlizing? Are you looking to sell in a retail space or are you doing online only sales?

Your idea is definately a unique one and I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

Kaicey
02-13-2015, 01:37 PM
That would be a perfect name for your new business (:

Coltrane
02-13-2015, 02:29 PM
I like it! Gives a good vibe.

HooktoWin
02-13-2015, 06:02 PM
Hi monique17,

A brand should convey a pretty clear message in people's heads.
I've noticed that a lot of people struggle to come up with a logo, concept or idea when they're trying to create a brand.

The reason? No preparation. Take the word "satan" for example. It has a definite meaning and emotional history. Most people aren't going to name their kids that.
I use that extreme example to convey the idea that your content needs to create the kind of emotional content you want. Ignore that and others will define it for you (e.g. cheap, small time, etc.).

When I create a brand, I define 4 things. I try to create a unique spot in customer's heads and avoid generic descriptors.

1. Noun: BMW isn't just a car, it's the "Ultimate Driving Machine."
2. Adjective: Muhammad Ali is "The Greatest."
3. Verb: Apple is an "Innovator."
4. Personality: GEICO is "Playful" (have you ever seen a serious GEICO commercial?).

Defining this tells you how your brand should look, walk and talk. It's easy to find a logo then because there are only so many things that match your description.

You may end up at the same place Monique but I'd recommend that you start here. Know what you stand for. Don't let anyone else tell you.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

quamz0
02-16-2015, 02:32 AM
Sounds nice, sounds pretty. One thing I see people do that drives me insane is create a logo or come up with a name that has NOTHING to do with the industry or you can't figure out the name of the company at first glance. Your name is great its attractive and you know it relates to art lol :)

MKarp
02-17-2015, 03:23 PM
I like the way it rolls off the tongue.

But for me, when naming a business I want people to know exactly what I do as soon as they read it. It's just a way of attracting the right customers when your business is starting out.

So, you could try playing around with more direct business names and see if you like any of those better. Come up with a list of 100 of them, mix and match ideas, and then see if you wouldn't prefer something related to Green Tulip Arts, but that will qualify your market a little faster.

Good luck and have fun!

GregB
02-18-2015, 12:45 AM

I find the name very creative and pleasant, but I wonder if you'd be better off with something that describes your types of products more clearly?

I also wonder if organic condiments is a separate business? I don't think I'd want to buy food from an arts/crafts store, and I think it would be hard to promote both crafts and food through one business if you're planning on doing any promo work.

0maha
02-18-2015, 12:30 PM
Its a lovely name, although it doesn't say much about what you sell. Of course, given the diverse product mix you described, that's a given.