PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever heard of PartnerUp.com?

ndlandis
04-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi everybody!

I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of PartnerUp.com? It's a networking site where you can post business opportunities or find the business resources you need to grow your business. It sounds like exactly what I've been looking for to find my first few clients (I'm a virtual assistant.), but for some reason I am kind of leary about this site. You can join for free or bump up the membership and pay $25 a month. I'll be opting for the free version, of course! The free version wants you to sign up using your full name and city and zip (not full street address). Why does this make me scared of it? Am I justified? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Norma

orion_joel
04-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Sounds very much like the same concept as Linkedin.com.

Not sure why you would be scared, they look just as acceptable as any other site out there. However it can be worth being hesitant when joining any site of course depending on what the details they want are.

vangogh
04-21-2009, 12:48 AM
I haven't used the site, but I've heard of it. I took a look just now and I think it's geared mostly toward people with project ideas needing someone else to help them develop their idea. A marketer needing a programmer kind of a thing. I can see how your business would fit in since your business revolves around working with other business. The one thing that makes me wonder is that the site seems geared toward partnerships and I'm not sure that's really how a business would view your services.

It's certainly worth signing up and seeing. That's what you have to do especially when it comes to those first few clients. Keep trying different things and see what works and what doesn't. Do more of what works and replace the things that don't work with something else.

Harold Mansfield
04-21-2009, 01:54 AM
Hi everybody!
The free version wants you to sign up using your full name and city and zip (not full street address). Why does this make me scared of it? Am I justified? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Norma

That never bothers me. It's the ones that ask for a phone number that back out of. I never use my home address, and I have multiple email addresses just for signing up for stuff.

What's the use in signing up for a networking service, if you don't want to give out contact info....how will anyone network with you ?

KristineS
04-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Looks like as good a way to network as any. It certainly seems legitimate and getting your name out there can't hurt.

bizcard
04-29-2009, 07:08 AM
Sites like LinkedIn, Ecademy and even Xing offers free and paid services. Getting your name associated with your business in these sites are beneficial. Of course, you are treated much better if your a premium user.