PDA

View Full Version : Looking to learn and grow

Angela H.
01-06-2015, 01:13 AM
Hey everyone!

I am currently working a full time job, and go to school part time. I have joined this site because one day I hope to open my own business, and would like to learn as much as I can before taking the dive into starting my own business.

vangogh
01-06-2015, 02:21 AM
Welcome to the forum Angela. Hopefully one day comes sooner rather than later. We'll be happy to help in any way we can. Looking forward to chatting with you and thanks for joining the community/

David Hunter
01-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Welcome, Angela!!

What kind of business do you want to open?

Angela H.
01-07-2015, 12:28 AM
Welcome, Angela!!

What kind of business do you want to open?

Thanks guys. I plan on opening a food and beverage establishment. I am not sure if I want to open a brand new restaurant, buy an old one or go through a franchise. So I am completely up in the air with this. This is why I have joined this forum to learn and get advice from others.

David Hunter
01-07-2015, 10:37 AM
My mom owned a fast food chain (and her two brothers still owe fast food restaurants). It's a tough biz, but can definitely be lucrative.

I just told another new member to check out Rory Fatt (Rory Fatt (http://www.RoryFatt.com)). He's a restaurant marketer.

Best of Luck!

Angela H.
01-08-2015, 12:12 AM
Thank you, I will check it out.

BritniHerman
01-08-2015, 06:38 PM
Hello Angela, Are you looking to start an e-commerce business or brick and mortar?

ziomek88
01-11-2015, 07:26 PM
Hi i Just started my own sub contracting company installing high rise windows. I decided to incorporate so i can write things off. I put myself as a Director of the company and uupon registering i said i would employ 1 person. Can i be the Director and also put myself as the only employee on payroll? my helper wants to get paid in cash and I only receive cheques. How would i go about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.pon registering i said i would employ 1 person. Can i be the Director and also put myself as the only employee on payroll? my helper wants to get paid in cash and I only receive cheques. How would i go about this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AJ123
01-11-2015, 07:39 PM
Yes you can be the only employee of your corporation.

calthomson
01-11-2015, 11:00 PM
read and read then get a job in the sector you want to start a business, doesnt have to be one take takes high qualifications just gets some experience in how a business works, learn tones nd tones o' stuff and try to spot a niche

ineagu
01-12-2015, 08:40 AM
Welcome Angela and good luck with your business.