PDA

View Full Version : Help with Custom Retail Packaging

Dustin07
04-13-2009, 07:13 PM
I could use some help finding a company that is capable of producing custom printed poly bags. There are a lot of companies that sell poly bags (heat-sealed type) but everyone seems stumped when I ask about getting my logo printed on the bag.

I really need help with the artwork aspect too.

Since the product I sell comes in many different lengths and colors, I want to create one polybag that can be used for many different products, with a simple UPC type label smacked on the back that matches the specific product we jam in the bag.

Anyone here on the forums deal in bags? or have retail packaging experience?

vangogh
04-14-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm not sure where you get them from, but I did a quick search poly bag for sale (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=RVl&q=poly+bag+for+sale&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=) and there's enough results. I would think you could find something in there.

cbscreative
04-14-2009, 01:26 PM
You may want to look for a local ad specialty company that is affiliated with ASI and/or PPAI. Those groups are comprised of suppliers who market through a network of resellers. They specialize in printed anything, so poly bags should be available. If you need help with artwork, then I should toot my horn a bit since I have experience setting up artwork for many types of jobs like this, including plastic bags.

Dustin07
04-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks Steve(s),

Chittenden- PM me your email address. Here's the thing, there are LOTs of poly bag suppliers as Steve-goh pointed out but i'm having a hard time finding what I deem a future 'partner'. last year I sold between 300,000-500,00 of one particular item that I want to be bagged in this custom way, and I need help getting the packaging started. Even though I'm looking at ordering a 1/2 million bags, everyone I call seems to be inexperienced and unwilling to help as though I'm wasting their time... that's why I was hoping to find someone on the boards that could help.

vangogh
04-14-2009, 06:08 PM
With that many orders you'd think people would be more willing to help you. I assume you'll be a good customer for anyone who can supply the packaging. Could you narrow it down by looking locally or did you start there already?

dynocat
04-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Have you searched for poly bag "manufacturers" to avoid distributors only? Another thought is checking with printers. They could do it for you just the way you like and/or have a bag source.

I buy zip bags from a distributor/reseller but they don't do printing.

Aaron Hats
04-17-2009, 11:24 AM
We use this company, Packaging Specialties- Company Home Page (http://www.pack-spec.com).

Vivid Color Zack
04-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Send me full details, I'll see what I can do.

* Exact material you need, if thicknesses vary let me know what thickness.
* Zip-lock type or open that you'll seal yourself (sounds like you want to be able to cut a larger bag to fit smaller products as well)
* What colors you need, any spot colors required?
* Size
* Any other outstanding factors that other people have been skeptical to deal with, it sounds fairly straightforward to me at this point. I'm surprised people have been unwilling to work with you.