PDA

View Full Version : Opinions about a business name

davidans
12-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Hi,
We are about to open a local gym for women only.
What do you think about the name "Pink Lady"?
Imagine it with a logo based on apple symbol (looks a little like Apple's logo)
Thanks in advance!
David

Freelancier
12-24-2014, 10:47 AM
Sounds like a stripper club or a bar. Sorry. Use a variant of the word "Fit" in it to make it clearer what you're branding.

ludovic
12-24-2014, 03:21 PM
I agree, sounds like a bar or stripper club.

JC
12-24-2014, 04:00 PM
Hi,
Thanks in advance!
David

Hi David,
Why did you choose that name? And is there going to be anything else on your logo that will describe what you do, like "Pink Lady Fitness for Women"?

JC
12-24-2014, 04:00 PM
Hi,
Thanks in advance!
David

Repeat post

davidans
12-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Hi David,
Why did you choose that name? And is there going to be anything else on your logo that will describe what you do, like "Pink Lady Fitness for Women"?

Of course, it would be like this:
Pink Lady - Women's Fitness Club

Btw, I think it doesn't have to express fitness, more than "Apple" - for example - expresses an high-tech company.
I mean, we can always accustom the market, this is not a big issue.
All I need is to make sure that it doesn't represent a problematic connotations, nor contrary messages.

JC
12-24-2014, 06:07 PM
Of course, it would be like this:
Pink Lady - Women's Fitness Club

Btw, I think it doesn't have to express fitness, more than "Apple" - for example - expresses an high-tech company.
I mean, we can always accustom the market, this is not a big issue.
All I need is to make sure that it doesn't represent a problematic connotations, nor contrary messages.

Ok, I think it's a fine name then. I didn't initially know it's a type of apple. People often want to make a connection between the name and the business, but you're right about Apple Computers. I think the difference is that "Apple" is a very general word for something that most people consider to be good and healthy where "Pink Lady" is not a general term and may cause some confusion. Hope this makes sense.

Anand Sagar Kashyap
02-02-2015, 05:32 AM
Hi,
Thanks in advance!
David

Hi David,
I don't know if you have already finalized the name for your gym. I have two suggestions for the name.
1. The Pear Shaped Lady (if you want some shock advertising type of benefit)
2. Eve's Fitness Studio.

Hope I could help in any way.
Regards,
Anand

SouthernVelvetCafe
02-02-2015, 03:02 PM
As a woman, that name sorta skeeves me out, sorry. I have to agree that my initial thought was a strip club and I actually LOVE pink lady apples.
But isn't the whole apple/eve/women connection a little bit played out?
Just one girl's opinion, though!

LarsJ
02-02-2015, 03:04 PM
Well, Pink Lady does not make me think of fitness at all. Even something like Pink Fitness would work better. However, if it had Pink Lady and an image of a lady in a workout pose or with two small barbells that could work. But, word of mouth advertising is not going to reveal that is it? Is there a reason you want to go for pink?

Owen
02-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Call it the Pink Lady. Imagine: your slogan can be "no, we're not a strip club". lol