PDA

View Full Version : Found this yesterday, http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/ (LOL)

Harold Mansfield
04-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Someone pointed this out on another forum and I laughed my :eek: off.
Black People Love Us! (http://www.blackpeopleloveus.com/).

It's satirical humor, but I thought it was an absolutely hilarious depiction of how uncomfortable some Americans are with each other, and how we overcompensate.

orion_joel
04-12-2009, 02:18 AM
I have seen a few satirical humor type sites popping up, taking images either user submitted or found around the net, that fit into a theme. Could be the next way people choose to go viral, but i wonder how long it will last. As sometimes this type of humor may be funny to some but just go to far for others.

Harold Mansfield
04-12-2009, 01:13 PM
I have seen a few satirical humor type sites popping up, taking images either user submitted or found around the net, that fit into a theme. Could be the next way people choose to go viral, but i wonder how long it will last. As sometimes this type of humor may be funny to some but just go to far for others.

I think it's right up there with some good SNL skits. It always goes over better when people make fun of themselves, rather than others.

I'll tell ya, I spent 12 years Bartending in Las Vegas, some local bars as well as the Strip, and most of that is right on the money.

Some people are just idiots, and some are just uncomfortable for what ever reason, but to me, it's always good for a laugh.

orion_joel
04-12-2009, 11:44 PM
I think another point that comes to mind is that some people, can be idiots, and make it look like complete rubbish, where you just sit and wonder what the hell they were thinking. While others can look just as much like idiots, but can make it look, appear and even seem to be just normal. Sometimes there is a fine line between the two, and one can be seen as comedy and one can be seen as poor taste.

Harold Mansfield
04-13-2009, 02:52 AM
I think another point that comes to mind is that some people, can be idiots, and make it look like complete rubbish, where you just sit and wonder what the hell they were thinking. While others can look just as much like idiots, but can make it look, appear and even seem to be just normal. Sometimes there is a fine line between the two, and one can be seen as comedy and one can be seen as poor taste.

I guess it's in the eye of the beholder. I didn't see it as offensive, it was clearly humor to me when I saw it.

Life experience definitely dictates what you find funny, and I have certainly had enough experiences to find that funny.
But of course I know people that might be appalled.

Dan Furman
04-14-2009, 01:15 AM
Didn't really find it funny. Not that it's offensive or anything - it isn't. I just found it really obvious and predictable.

But I didn't find "stuff white people like" funny either, and most people went apeshit over that.

Steve B
04-14-2009, 07:21 AM
I agree with Dan - it might have been funny in the 70's when those comments weren't so predictable.

Harold Mansfield
04-14-2009, 12:39 PM
I agree with Dan - it might have been funny in the 70's when those comments weren't so predictable.

Maybe that is why I find it funny, the photos are so staged and over the top that it does remind of 80's sketch comedy (in the 70's I was still watching Scooby Doo).

bizcard
04-29-2009, 06:53 AM
Didn't really find it funny. Not that it's offensive or anything - it isn't. I just found it really obvious and predictable.

But I didn't find "stuff white people like" funny either, and most people went apeshit over that.

Me too... I didn't find it funny at all. We are not judge by the color of our skin