PDA

View Full Version : It hasn't been my week...

Blessed
04-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Really it seems like it should be a good week. Our 2nd fetal echocardiogram went very well and everything is good with baby boy. Sugar actually used the potty chair, once, two days ago, but she used it and she will sit on it without crying now. Hubby was able to get rid of some of the problem people that worked for him and now he has earned the respect of the rest of the 100+ people that work for him so things are going well at work and he is in a good mood, even though he still hates working nights, but...

I've made 2 people in the carpool I'm in for the data entry work I do very angry - basically this was a mis-communication, I've apologized but they seem to want to hold on to the irritation at me

A friend of mine is irritated at me and I don't know why and can't find out why because she won't talk to me and won't let her husband talk to me or my husband either

I'm working on a newspaper article that is irritating a lot of people in my town's government so I'm having to deal with that for another day or two, and then the backlash after publication...

I have a huge project due this weekend that isn't going well

and... I had two nights this week when I couldn't sleep at all and had a three day migraine. I was able to sleep last night and the headache has been gone all day today so I'm really grateful for that.

I realize that there isn't really anything any of you can say but I wanted to whine, so now I have and tomorrow is Friday and I'm sure next week will be better! Have a great weekend everyone! :rolleyes:

vangogh
04-10-2009, 12:05 AM
At least tomorrow is Friday and then it will be the weekend. Sounds like it's mostly been a variety of small irritations. The good news is they should all blow over soon enough. The big things you mentioned in your first paragraph all seemed good and they were much more important anyway.

The carpool people will get over it. Your friend will start talking to you again, and the article is only temporary. Your project will get done too even if it doesn't turn out to be your best work.

In the end tomorrow is another day and all will be fine again.

seolman
04-10-2009, 09:21 AM
It is also interesting how times like these do 2 things:

a) Your friends get over it and support you through thick and thin (IOW you see who your real friends are)
b) You get through it and realize just how tough you really are

Set priorities and just do the really important things. Put off everything else that can be put off and get some rest when you can - it will all work out fine. Time has a way of taking care of these things.

thx4yrtym
04-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Blessed,

I used to get migraines about once a month. I have had only one in the last 4 years. I take DLPA 500mg one per day. It works for me , might work for you as well. It's certainly worth looking into.

from the article:
"DLPA is not a drug. It does not block pain. DLPA protects the endorphins from the endorphin-eaters, helping to restore the body's ability to deal with pain. Phenylalanine is found in fish, chicken, eggs and other foods."

rest of article : Essential Research International Research and Development (http://www.essentialresearchinternational.com/randd.htm)

Best of luck,

KristineS
04-10-2009, 12:37 PM
I think everyone has weeks like this on occasion, where it seems like it never rains but it pours. You'll get through it, and it sounds like there is a lot of good in there.

Baby Boy is fine.
Sugar is learning to potty train. Slowly, but she's learning
Hubby is happier with the job than he was
You're doing paying work. It's annoying paying work, but it pays.

Things will get better.

Blessed
04-10-2009, 04:49 PM
thanks everyone!

the day is starting to look brighter... although I found out why the friend is irritated and it isn't anything I did or can prove that I didn't do - it's just one of those things she goes through occasionally, guess I'm not the only one having a tough week!

Blacktalon
04-13-2009, 08:01 PM
I've had days like that. Nothing that a demonic incantation can't cure :D

That's the beauty of going on a walk to think to yourself and discover various channels of potential solutions that couldn't have been found under emotional stress. Having a cat to vent to helps as they can't get mad at you in return, usually offering a little caring headbutt and a lot of purring to soothe the soul.

Whenever I'm upset my cat Sam comes up on my lap, gives me a little meow, purrs really loud and by that time I've forgotten why I was upset in the first place.

Either case, the best way to get it off your system is to simply talk. Communication is your best tool in any circumstance; too bad that it gets neglected so often as it does. else my parents would still be together :-/

Medication is only putting paint over something old. It's still there, just covered up.