PDA

View Full Version : How much to pay for another company's marketing?

Mayella
12-19-2014, 07:15 AM
Hi - my first post!

I am a sole trader, and my business is personal coaching/personal development and healing courses.
I work with a small college who recommend me and from whom I get students for my courses - probably about 12-15 students per year.
My question is how much, what percentage makes sense to pay the college for their marketing? I've heard that 15-20% of profit is about the going rate.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
:)

Freelancier
12-19-2014, 07:35 AM
That rate sounds about right. Unless they're doing a lot of hand-holding, you don't want to give them too much money for it.

On the other hand, it sounds like maybe this is a very small for-profit trade school and not really a college, because a normal college wouldn't be bothered with something this small.

Mayella
12-19-2014, 05:45 PM
That rate sounds about right. Unless they're doing a lot of hand-holding, you don't want to give them too much money for it.

On the other hand, it sounds like maybe this is a very small for-profit trade school and not really a college, because a normal college wouldn't be bothered with something this small.

Thank you Freelancier.:)

ybmindframe
12-19-2014, 11:01 PM
I was thinking the same. Most colleges wouldn't charge for services like this. I find that quite odd. But if it's a must, I'd stay with 10 to 15%