PDA

View Full Version : Please critique our new service's website

MarkPoppen
11-25-2014, 02:41 PM
We're actively developing a new site for a service we'll be providing and I would like general feedback on the site.

Please click MyWebGuys.ca (http://mywebguys.ca) and let me know:

Does the site tell you what we do?
Putting yourself into the shoes of a small business owner, would this service pique your interest?
What was the first thing you noticed?
What was the first link you clicked?
What can we do better? (What would need to change to get you to sign up)

Don't hold back on the critique, as long as it's backed with some constructive comments.

Thanks!

JC
11-25-2014, 07:12 PM
We're actively developing a new site for a service we'll be providing and I would like general feedback on the site.

Please click MyWebGuys.ca (http://mywebguys.ca) and let me know:

Putting yourself into the shoes of a small business owner, would this service pique your interest?

Don't hold back on the critique, as long as it's backed with some constructive comments.

Thanks!

Hi Mark, here's some answers to your questions:

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. First thing I noticed was the green or teal on the home page, which is different from most other sites I've been on.
4. Prices, and I thought you added a lot of detailed information to that page which is good!
5. I wouldn't use "pain reducing" even though I understand what you mean. It just seems a little awkward to me. I would use "painless" if I was going to go that route, but would actually use "Great" or "Inspiring" or "Interesting" over both. And the home page looks a little plain compared to the sites you show lower down.

Looks like a great idea, hope you do well with it!

ofesak
12-03-2014, 10:41 AM
1. Testimonials absent
2. Packages with listed features, price and button "Buy" should be at home page.
3. Contacting. Why should I give you my email and phone if I want to write you immediately and ask question. Where is your email or contact form there. Found contact form only in Help chapter, it is not correct
4. No texts / descriptions on home package. To your page comes not motivated skeptic visitor, how do you tell them that you are the best. Some photos at bottom - it is not sufficient.

ofesak
12-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Also, site style looks unprofessional, beginners work. I would not order site creation from company which cannot make their own site well.

Wozcreative
12-03-2014, 10:53 AM
I find the pricing page very wordy.. it should be paragraphs instead of bullet points when the lines are that long...

Davidl
12-03-2014, 10:08 PM
You website reminds me of onnit.com as they use teal too.

https://www.onnit.com/egn/

From what I come across they have the best visuals and the best looking website, better than apple.com in my opinion. One thing that I heard that stuck with me is to present yourself well and professionally. If your a salon hairstylist always have a new style of hair every few months and dress in the newest fashion, in your case your website should be finely polished. It is very nice as is but can be tweaked still.

One thing I noticed is people tend to like info graphics or charts.. it more fun to read. In your pricing you could make an info graph and have some graphics that could not only present your information but also give the reader a sense of what they will receive. Another suggestion is to add a video of things that are you offer and take them through a website you created and why you are better than companies like square space or if you offer the ability to design a squarespace website for them. Last thing I noticed is that the website is a bit short and could be spaced out with some info like how important first impressions (their website) are for customers and talk about knowledge and actual statistical facts, maybe even recommendations/reviews.

who is this website for Ecommerce, websites that do B2B, blogs, forums? If I was to change one thing to get the most improvement it would be to create a video and a logo.

J from Michigan
12-04-2014, 07:33 PM
I'm assuming from your sig links that your finished product will be more aesthetically pleasing.
Because, that bland green banner? I mean... damn. :confused:

No expert here, so I'll probably piggyback what other have mentioned.
The pricing page should be spread out. I can't stand when things blur together like your options do.

And more important, as a would be prospect, I don't want to see what I'M NOT getting in the package, I want to see what's included.
Meaning, lose that stirkethrough text. If you want uniformity, leave a space... do whatever, just figure out something else.

I understand the upsell, but, for the same effect, I'd go with 3 packages...
Basic- barebones to the point that nobody would ever want it.
(but, it leaves the option open for those who really need your service, but honestly just can't afford the real deal.)
Mid level- The sweet spot- priced a little higher, but with way more options.
Premuim- "knock their heads off" pricing, with making the middle the easy choice.

cdgbrand
01-23-2015, 04:53 PM

1. Yes, definitely
2. I would probably think about it. It doesn't look VERY attractive and I don't have feeling that this is what I need.
3. Plain design
4. Prices
5. I think there is too much information on the Price page - it looks a bit boring and unattractive.

veritasvisions
07-31-2015, 01:51 AM

As someone who has managed over 120 projects, I would say you are spot on with your website. It engages people and is simple. I personally love it. One thing I would add is an email optin on the front that is more appealing for customers. Offer something irresistable that will entice people to put their email in. I also think you should put your email optin a little higher on the screen as that will decrease bounce rates. I GUARANTEE IT. Take out some of the text from the top and move the video and opt in box higher.

canirank_mel
08-26-2015, 04:23 PM
Hey Mark,

Does the site tell you what we do? Yes, right at the top too.
Putting yourself into the shoes of a small business owner, would this service pique your interest? Yes, especially having the video
What was the first thing you noticed? The logo of the 3 cartoons on the left side
What was the first link you clicked? Plans & Pricing
What can we do better? (What would need to change to get you to sign up): Alright, I am part of an SEO tool team so I wouldn't be really looking for to buy your service (even though I know lots of people that need it). But I would have some "what can you do better" advice from an SEO/backend perspective for your website. Not sure if that's what you're looking for right now or not though. If you do want some tips on that though, just let me know.